CCW Methods & Issues > No Carry Locations

U of D concealed carry

(1/3) > >>

coolwrld:
So I have looked through the forums as well as doing some research online regarding concealed carry on U of D property and as is typical everything seems conflicting.  So I came across this link directly on the U of D website - http://sites.udel.edu/generalcounsel/policies/possession-and-use-of-firearms-on-university-property/.

In section III it clearly states that the policy applies to everyone (students, faculty, general public etc..) regardless of CCW permit holder status.  Further under section IV-C it references possible civil or criminal proceedings for violations of the policy.  So here are my questions/thoughts:

I certainly get if you are a student or faculty member there are definite repercussions expulsion from school, lose of job etc... but for the general public how could their be any civil or criminal violations possible?  I mean if a no gun sign has no force of law behind it how can this policy have any force of law behind it?  I mean I get if you are part of the general public and are asked by Campus police to leave and you don't at that point there could be trespassing related issues. But, beyond being asked to leave how could there be any civil or criminal ramifications against a CCW permit holder member of the general public?

NormH3:
If they ask you to leave their property and you don't, Police can be notified and therein lies the ability to arrest you.

coolwrld:

--- Quote from: NormH3 on July 21, 2017, 02:38:20 PM ---If they ask you to leave their property and you don't, Police can be notified and therein lies the ability to arrest you.

--- End quote ---

Right but even being U of D police if they saw I was concealing and asked me to leave and I did they can't detain me or arrest me correct?  I mean reading that clause in their policy to me implies they have full police powers to arrest on some kind of civil or criminal grounds.

Clarence:

--- Quote from: coolwrld on July 21, 2017, 03:51:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: NormH3 on July 21, 2017, 02:38:20 PM ---If they ask you to leave their property and you don't, Police can be notified and therein lies the ability to arrest you.

--- End quote ---

Right but even being U of D police if they saw I was concealing and asked me to leave and I did they can't detain me or arrest me correct?  I mean reading that clause in their policy to me implies they have full police powers to arrest on some kind of civil or criminal grounds.

--- End quote ---
UofD police do have full arrest powers. 

coolwrld:

--- Quote from: Clarence on July 22, 2017, 09:44:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: coolwrld on July 21, 2017, 03:51:03 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
UofD police do have full arrest powers. 

--- End quote ---

Does that mean they can arrest you for something that is a violation of U of D policy but not a violation of state/federal law or does that mean they can arrest you for violation of state/federal law on U of D property? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version