State News & Gun News > Delaware News

Delaware's AG Partly Responsible for Gun Crime

<< < (3/3)

Radnor:
I didn't get a chance to take her the the range yet.  It was someone else. I think it was a Sig 229.
When I take her to silhouettes (soon), will extend the offer to come to scout camp and use rifles and shotgun.

This is a quote from her....

"I wanted to learn more about guns and gun safety. I wanted to spend time with people on the other side of the gun control debate to try to better understand their point of view. I wanted to show I was willing to listen and learn in hopes that even if we don't end up seeing eye to eye, there could be some basis for mutual respect. And mostly, I wanted to see if there was any common ground from which we could work toward solutions to the problem of everyday gun violence and the rare but extremely disturbing mass shootings that seem to have been on an uptick in the past couple decades. Research, really. I found it a very valuable experience. I hope I can help build bridges between the gun rights community and the gun control community. That wouldn't be possible if I only spent time with one of them."

NormH3:

--- Quote from: Radnor on August 27, 2019, 12:26:27 PM ---I didn't get a chance to take her the the range yet.  It was someone else. I think it was a Sig 229.
When I take her to silhouettes (soon), will extend the offer to come to scout camp and use rifles and shotgun.

This is a quote from her....

"I wanted to learn more about guns and gun safety. I wanted to spend time with people on the other side of the gun control debate to try to better understand their point of view. I wanted to show I was willing to listen and learn in hopes that even if we don't end up seeing eye to eye, there could be some basis for mutual respect. And mostly, I wanted to see if there was any common ground from which we could work toward solutions to the problem of everyday gun violence and the rare but extremely disturbing mass shootings that seem to have been on an uptick in the past couple decades. Research, really. I found it a very valuable experience. I hope I can help build bridges between the gun rights community and the gun control community. That wouldn't be possible if I only spent time with one of them."

--- End quote ---

I applaud that she has decided to educate herself and experience both sides of the aisle. It is certainly more than Townsend has ever done. The proof will be in the pudding...

del elec:
It's difficult to bridge the gap between the gun control community and the pro 2nd amendment community when every piece of legislation targets the law abiding gun owner and not the criminals.

NormH3:

--- Quote from: del elec on August 28, 2019, 11:35:41 AM ---It's difficult to bridge the gap between the gun control community and the pro 2nd amendment community when every piece of legislation targets the law abiding gun owner and not the criminals.

--- End quote ---

True and if I recall her campaign was vastly pro ban. Makes you wonder if someone close to her was a victim of crime. She is also a teacher. Perhaps hiding behind a bullet proof backpack no longer appeals to her. I'll be watching.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version