Author Topic: Lets drink and play gun safety... Opps!  (Read 3754 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Lets drink and play gun safety... Opps!
« on: February 28, 2014, 05:30:05 PM »
RE: http://www.gunnews.com/never-demonstrate-gun-safety-drunk/

I really feel bad for the girlfriend and this family. Him.. Not so much. I'm tired of moronic people. If you are such a moron as to pull the trigger of a firearm while holding it to your head.. well then, lights out! Survival of the fittest... let morons become extinct! Harsh? Don't care really.

INDEPENDENCE, MI—A 36 year-old Michigan man is dead today after shooting himself in the head. The catch was that he’d been attempting to show his girlfriend just how safe his handguns could be, so he pointed one at himself and pulled the trigger.
According to local police, the man had been drinking most of the day on Sunday when his girlfriend came over to see him. A conversation began about gun safety, during which his girlfriend expressed her fear toward gun ownership. Plastered, the man decided the smartest thing to do was give her a first-hand demonstration. He went to his room for a minute, returning with three handguns, and set them on the table in front of him.
At this point, the man began holding each gun up to his head and pulling the trigger, all the time explaining that guns only pose a threat when they are loaded. With three children in the home, his guns were usually kept unloaded.
His mistake was that the third gun, much to his girlfriend’s horror, was not empty. It had a bullet in the chamber.
Police were immediately called to the scene, where they found the girlfriend preforming CPR on the man. However, all attempts to save is life were unsuccessful and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

kent

Re: Lets drink and play gun safety... Opps!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 06:12:43 PM »
I feel bad for the family.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 07:18:01 PM »
Gun safety is the actions of the person holding the firearm, not the physical makeup of the weapon itself.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

robberbaron

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 09:02:13 PM »
It is a shame, no doubt, but I strongly believe in Darwinism.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:09:19 PM »
I too am a fan of Darwinism.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 09:50:58 PM »
I am not a fan of Darwinism but this guy raised the average IQ of living gun owners.  What part of "point, destroy" was difficult to comprehend.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

czspecial

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 02:50:05 AM »
What a genius.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 11:49:36 AM »
The FIRST thing I was taught 60+ years ago was......always treat any gun as if it were loaded.  And never point it at anything you do not intend to shoot!!!!!  That includes another person or your head............... ???
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 02:30:49 PM »
I know its 'not nice' or 'PC' but I don't care, its how I feel and I'm glad to see others feel the same way. So many laws and restrictions are placed on everyone due to the actions of brain dead morons and downright s-t-u-p-i-d (sorry for subverting the 'genius' filter but it fits here) people. I see it here in the US and in Canada.

A year or so ago I was visiting Point Pleasant Park, a favorite walking park back home, and while passing a beach section I overheard a couple talking about a fenced off section. This section was a stone peninsula jetting out maybe 50-70 meters that formed a break from the open water for the beach. As a child I remember being able to walk out to sit on the rocks and the feeling of spray of salt water and air was great. Now however the entire section has an 8' chainlink fence erected because some moron decided to walk out in a storm and you know what happened. Then another moronic politician decided it needed to be fenced off.

The couple who I over heard were saying.. "why fence it off? They should simply let them all walk out, be washed away and be done with it. Then the rest of us could enjoy it again." I walked over and shook the guys hand saying I couldn't agree more.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 05:20:52 PM »
Adrenolin,

Great example. I agree with the couple you ran into.  Let them all walk out onto the jetty and become fish food!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident