Author Topic: Conn confiscation  (Read 1901 times)

Just Bill

• Life Member
Conn confiscation
« on: February 26, 2014, 11:19:09 AM »
Conneticut---I caught the tail end of a conversation on the Dick Morris show on 1210 yesterday.  It seems the gun confications have begun.  Those that did not register their guns(a large majority) by the drop dead date are now criminals and their guns subject to confiscation.  Just like it has been predicted.  Not sure of the details, but I have not heard about it anywhere else.  Anyone??

I can almost see Del. dems mouths watering at the thought.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser

Kuntryboy816

Re: Conn confiscation
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 12:23:19 PM »
Just one of the many accounts floating aroud the web.  It's all over my FB feeds.  I don't see how someone on a Federal level doesn't call out CT and say, "Hey A-holes!  We still have a Constitution so get your act together before we throw the lot of ya in prison for treason!"  ....not that it WOULD happen but it definitely SHOULD happen.

http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2014/02/breaking-news-gun-confiscation-letters-sent-out-in-connecticut-2600370.html

VWpilot

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 02:02:20 PM »
Conneticut---I caught the tail end of a conversation on the Dick Morris show on 1210 yesterday.  It seems the gun confications have begun.  Those that did not register their guns(a large majority) by the drop dead date are now criminals and their guns subject to confiscation.  Just like it has been predicted.  Not sure of the details, but I have not heard about it anywhere else.  Anyone??

I can almost see Del. dems mouths watering at the thought.

Bill

As many on here probably know, in one of Governor Markell's anti-gun bills that did not pass (can't recall which bill #), the wording of the bill was the same as this Conn law. Scary how close DE was to a Conn scenario. Stay vigilant & stay safe ~ Rob.
NRA Life Member

I prefer to be an armed survivor rather than an obedient corpse.

"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 06:39:32 PM »
My FB feed and email is also filled with CT confiscation talk.  From what I'm reading, I think the legislature is under the impression that gun owners just didn't understand the first "direct order" to register their guns, so they've sent another letter out just in case ( ::))

I can't see CT spending money on building HORDES of new prisons to house allllllll these disobedient gun owners. My thought (and my hope) is that the first disobedient CT resident that is hauled into court has an attorney with a set the size of brass church bells and takes the State to task over it, and wins. 

I also have been seeing (on FB feeds anyway) that much of the CT law enforcement community won't enforce this law if given the order to do so. 

It will be interesting to say the least to see how this plays out. The whole country is watching!! 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident