General Gun Discussion > Rifles and Shotguns

Shooting ARs at Alexander's range in Maryland?????

<< < (3/3)

muleman88:
Thanks for the info . I will not be taking my AR to Md . Just not looking like it will pan out well for me if stopped . I still may join Alexander’s again for shotgun and rifle shooting .

SturmRugerSR9:
As someone that grew up in Maryland, I have to agree with Oldgraygeek. I still have many relatives and friends there, but seldom go there anymore. I think it's been about 4 years since my last visit. It is the same distance from relatives and friends homes, as it is from mine to theirs. If they want to see me, they know where I live.

topper:
I am a member of Alexander's range, but I don't take my AR there. I have taken it to TSS in PA, but I don't shoot it often anyway.

The reason I like Alexander's is because most of my shooting is training with my pistol anyway, so I can go during the day on weekdays and it only takes me 20 minutes to get there. I'm usually the only one there, and every once in a while I stop in and visit with Mrs. Alexander and Jimmy and I enjoy our conversations.

CorBon:
Although not the simplest answer, but one that goes beyond “all ARs are bad.”  Maryland really keys in on that 2013 date — but that doesn’t take into account the interpretation of others.  First, you’d have to carry proof that you obtained the weapon prior to that date.  Second, that doesn’t mean that the roadside jockey would understand the relevance of the date, meaning he or she could simply believe that ALL ARs are banned — and that’s where things could take a bad turn.  Finally, transporting through and transporting into are essentially two different things.  Going through Maryland to get to Virginia is something that would PROBABLY get cleared up on the side of the road, but driving into Maryland to go shooting in Maryland brings you right back to the beginning of this problem.

And remember — all of this is just about the interpretation of the statute.  Meaning, it doesn’t even get into what happens if you are stopped by an anti-gunner, or at least someone that thinks that YOU shouldn’t be allowed to roam freely with a killing machine.  It was only a decade or so ago when every Delaware OCer had a stack of personal stories about run-ins with store management and/or LEOs. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version