General Gun Discussion > Rifles and Shotguns

looking for a shotgun for HD, maybe a little trap

(1/3) > >>

trevor:
I'm looking for an affordable pump 12ga probably an 870 or a 500...any advice?

Saw this at buds:   http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/654_775/products_id/411542031

muleman88:
I know the 870"s are dependable as you can get. I have one that I have beat the heck out of for about 20 years and it never stops working. Remington also has the 887 out now , its more for the waterfoul hunter , it shoots 3.5 inch shells and has a ruber coating over the gun to protect it from the elements. They seem to have more plastic parts than the 870.  I guess it all depends on what you are going to use it for. Good luck!

g23:
Well im still new to the shot gun world but I think the 870 will work for your need. In a perfect world you would want a shorter gun for home defense however it will still do the job. I wouldnt spend the extra $$ to step up to a semi auto unless your going to get serious about shooting clays.

Pete D.---:
G23- that's one sweet gun! I was looking at the police model 870 as well and did a lot of looking for an affordable one. That's is a price I have never seen for the 870P. if its real, I would snap it up. It would be nice to inspect it first of possible. I don't think it would be great for trap, but you can not beat it for home defense imo!

Pete D.---:
(sorry, hit post somehow) I ended up with the Mossy 590 A1 which I came across used for a similiar price- it's awesome, but that 870P is the best of the best! For Trap, (granted I'm no expert here), its not too expensive to get a longer barrel to swap out. That's a nice combo. That's my 2 cents anyway- I'll wait with you to hear more for others here. Pete D.---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version