Firearms and Equipment Reviews > Firearms Related Equipment Reviews

Tactical Lights/Laser Sights - Good Idea?

(1/2) > >>

Hawkeye:
I am thinking about getting either a tactical light or laser sights, maybe both, for my Glock 21 (.45 ACP).  This is my primary home defense weapon. I have heard both good and bad reasons for both. The most frequent for not using these is the same arugment we had in the military for not liking tracer rounds.  They work both ways.  What do you guys think and do any of you have recommendations for either?

CorBon:

--- Quote from: Hawkeye on April 23, 2009, 01:08:09 AM ---I am thinking about getting either a tactical light or laser sights, maybe both, for my Glock 21 (.45 ACP).  This is my primary home defense weapon. I have heard both good and bad reasons for both. The most frequent for not using these is the same arugment we had in the military for not liking tracer rounds.  They work both ways.  What do you guys think and do any of you have recommendations for either?

--- End quote ---
For lasers, LaserMax makes some – stuff.  If you have a rail on that thing, and it’s not your carry weapon, then they have a slip-on unit.  If it’s your carry piece, then they make an internal laser that replaces the guide rod.  In my opinion, the possibly rough environment of a carry weapon makes the external units somewhat susceptible to getting knocked out of alignment.  The guide rod deal is better for that – but it’s still not like in the movies.  They also just started making a grip laser, but not for the 21.  Of course, that goes back to the problems with external mounts.

Overall, these things are smaller and brighter than ever before.  In fact, the green ones are like wielding a light saber!  The ones from the ‘90s – you @@@@ near needed to carry around a car battery.  I have one that is literally bigger than my KelTec!  Not bright, and sucks down batteries.

gun nut:
The only thing with lights is they work both ways like tracers.
You need one bright enough to blind your target then get your shot off.
As far as lasers go they are cool and they really do not give you position away.

Hawkeye:

--- Quote from: gun nut on April 23, 2009, 04:56:42 PM ---You need one bright enough to blind your target then get your shot off.

--- End quote ---

Good point. I had not heard that before. This is why I asked you guys.

gun nut:
Hawkeye what did you go with?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version