General Gun Discussion > Handgun Corner

Tell me about your 380

(1/5) > >>

Sinker:
I picked up a Taurus 738 TCP on sale at Cabela’s because I happened to be there and it happened to be on sale and I happened to not have a summer pocket carry gun…and do I really need a reason?  Anyway, it turns out that both Mrs Sinker and I really enjoy the ‘point and shoot’ simplicity of this little guy.  At defensive distances it does what it’s supposed to do.  However, I’m not sure I’m really comfortable with a DAO/no safety handgun in my pocket, or more importantly attached to Mrs Sinker’s bra should she go with the ‘flashbang’ holster.   Yeah, I know that action is essentially the same as a revolver, but still…
So now that I know I like a small 380, I’m looking at upgrading to something a little nicer and with another level of security.  At first glance, I’m looking at the Glock 42 and the S&W Bodyguard, but am certainly open to suggestions.  If you’re so inclined, I’d like to hear about your experiences with ‘pocket guns’, what you like/don’t like about particular models, etc.  The Ruger LCPII seems highly regarded, but I just can’t do the SAO/no safety.

AudiQ:
Sig P238 had a manual 1911 style thumb safety. Mine has been 100% reliable after 500 rounds. There are many styles of this model to choose from.

8thFA:
I bought a ruger LC380 last summer, strictly for summer carry.  I too wasn't comfortable with no safeties, so that's why I didn't get a LCP.  The LC380 has an external safety so I felt a bit safer carrying that IWB.  In the winter I carry a Glock 21, and a XDM 3.8 most other times.  I haven't even used my LC380 yet this year, but it's a nice little gun.

Tonym:
I carry a glock 43 as my every day gun. I use a iwb holster tho that covers the trigger so not having a safety really isnt an issue for me.

lynch:
M&P Bodyguard. No built-in laser. Good for up close. If you are far enough away that you have to aim it, then retreat instead. Sights are not that great.
Not a weapon I'd want in a shoot-out but I don't plan on being in any extended gun battles. May be too small for big handed folks.
Fires like a champ though with narry a ftf or fte.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version