General Gun Discussion > Handgun Corner

Gun progression

(1/4) > >>

FreakShow:
What is you honest opinion? Do you believe the the progression of making guns will ever change from where it is now. Do you think someone will ever come up with a new idea for a better working gun, other than general maintenance  improvements on tech stuff or coming out with a future lazer gun.  I ride motorcycles, but no one has really done anything with them other then calling something a new name, maybe a fender change or painting it a different color. Seems as though the same with guns, it's all been done before. I know with bikes they made an electric bike but that went over like cat calling nuns, it doesn't happen

Just Bill:
Personally, I like older guns.  They feel better in the hand, usually shoot well, and have more personality.  I have a bunch of guns, long and hand, and most are 50 years or older, 1/3 are over 100 and still shoot fine.  Ray guns might be kool, but at this point, how much do the batts weigh???  The latest "ray" gun for the AF takes a 747 to carry it and its' power supply.

Bill

muleman88:
They will change . Look back and see how many changes we have already seen . From flintlock to all the firearms available today .

PPScarry:
I think the first change will be new smart gun tech to shut up the gun control lobby. Myself, I'm against it for many reasons.
The real problem is bad owners having their guns unsecured. The lock included with every new gun is so easy to use to prevent accidental shootings or other shootings.

My second purchase after buying a gun was a safe. I'm sure everyone on this site did the same.

seniorgeek:

--- Quote from: PPScarry on December 09, 2017, 04:28:44 PM ---I think the first change will be new smart gun tech to shut up the gun control lobby. Myself, I'm against it for many reasons.
The real problem is bad owners having their guns unsecured. The lock included with every new gun is so easy to use to prevent accidental shootings or other shootings.

My second purchase after buying a gun was a safe. I'm sure everyone on this site did the same.

--- End quote ---

+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version