General Gun Discussion > Handgun Corner

Moving to Delaware: AR Pistol legal?

<< < (2/2)

SturmRugerSR9:
I believe they have had a rule against "rapid fire" shooting for quite some time (years).

coolwrld:
Shooters Choice definitely has issue with "rapid fire" but I do double tap there a lot.  Also have taken my regular AR there and regularly see ARs there.  I'm assuming as long as you aren't burning through a mag in 5 seconds they wouldn't consider the AR pistol any different than a regular AR.  Of course I could be completely wrong.

Adrenolin:
 I shoot a classic Walther PPQ (M1) with a trigger that allows double and triple tap firing easily and accurately. They have never had anything to say with that. My AR type rifles I usually fire single shits but have also fired off 2-3 round ‘burst’ shots without issues. I’ve been there before and have seems a couple guys do full mag dumps as well, though was told staff knew the person and their abilities. I have no desire to do full AR mag dumps myself. I’ve been in when the range was empty and requested permission to do some 10-15 round handgun rapid shooting and they were in fact fine with that. That said, the person I asked and a few other staff know me from past visits and conversations.

IMO their posted ‘no rapid fire’ sign is to keep control of things. There are tons of people with absolutely NO common sense at ranges and Shoiters Chiice is no exception.

They have no rules against AR Pistols in general however. Just act responsibly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version