General Gun Discussion > Gunsmiths Corner

What Modifications do We Make to Carry Guns?

<< < (3/3)

Sigma4506:
I was under the Presumption that in self defense case and i was 100%  with in my  rights and not being charged with a crime  -that they still confiscate your Firearm for inspection -to make sure it wasn't modified - So i will  carry my G19 with my apex trigger -

Just Bill:
There are lot's of things that can be done to improve the smoothness and operation of a defense gun, lowering the trigger pull below, say, 5lb is not one.  LEO guns are generally in the range of 8-11lb.

NormH3:
Ususally install aftermarket grips that are better suited to me. Everything else stays pretty much stock. I did convert a Beretta PX4 storm sub compact to a decocker model.

MarcWinkman:

--- Quote from: Just Bill on October 31, 2018, 11:33:05 AM ---There are lot's of things that can be done to improve the smoothness and operation of a defense gun, lowering the trigger pull below, say, 5lb is not one.  LEO guns are generally in the range of 8-11lb.

--- End quote ---

I agree for the most part.  I keep my triggers in something very near to factory specs, or in the case of my HK's factory specs for a different factory trigger option.  (i.e. 5 lb. pull weight with a very positive reset at factory length...no Lazy Wolf short reset or Gray Guns modification).  The Sigs are modified with factory parts and the polishing just smooths out any grittyness from having little burs onthe bearing parts.  As for LE triggers, Newark PD is runnign DA/SA Sigs, DSP runs Sig DAKs with about a 6.5 lb pull, Capitol Police are runnign Gen 4 Glocks (unsure what spring and connector they use), WPD and NCCPD run standard run of the mill M&P's, so I'd say that an 8-11 lb. trigger is overstating it a little bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version