General Gun Discussion > Rifles and Shotguns

New AR is short stroking - Ejects but has Failure to Feed

<< < (2/2)

MarkB:
It sounds like you have a spring that is just too long.  There both a rifle length and a carbine length spring available for the AR15.  You may have a rifle length spring when you need a carbine length spring.  

joep19934:

--- Quote from: MarkB on May 26, 2017, 04:07:57 AM ---It sounds like you have a spring that is just too long.  There both a rifle length and a carbine length spring available for the AR15.  You may have a rifle length spring when you need a carbine length spring.  

--- End quote ---
Hi Mark,

The Buffer assembly is all Carbine length, spring and everything. ( I have triple checked everything )
I think I may have found the culprit.
I am pretty sure the gas block port itself was too small ( I have no idea why it was smaller then it should have been ), I have drilled it out but haven't had time to get out to the range and test it yet.
I haven't had time to go test the rifle yet but I did buy a UTG Rifle buffer kit to swap out if it still short cycles.
The 3rd and last thing I would try is bore the Gas port on the barrel, I have someone with all the proper stuff to do it correctly.
Everything I have found and read and also talked to other people about is an 18" barrel can be very particular and not matter what you do would require a Rifle Buffer assembly ( I have to realise that is what I may have to end up swapping out no matter what I try )

joep19934:
I'm excited to report I have fixed my rifle short stroking issue!
I stripped the upper down to the barrel and reamed out the gas port on the barrel on my drill press with some chucking reamers.
I am a happy camper today !
I went down to Bridgeville after the 1000yd matches were over today.
I was going to go yesterday but figured it would be a bit warmer today, lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version