General Gun Discussion > Rifles and Shotguns

SKS

<< < (2/3) > >>

563jack:
Hey guys thanks for the response. I kind of got the idea the vet was referring to the AWB and knowing it was repealed, I was not aware it also included bayonets. I'm glad I can keep it as it is because it does look bad @@@ with that big old dagger on the end. Can't wait to take it to the range to set up the sites. I would post a picture but I don't know how. Any suggestions?

Clarence:

--- Quote from: 563jack on November 20, 2017, 09:35:15 PM ---I just picked up a SKS (7.62 x 39) for a real nice price, all of the serial numbers matched and it had the bayonet attached to it. While talking to a older vet he mentioned that bayonets were illegal. The rifle has the bayonet connected as part of the gun and folds under the barrel. I googled if bayonets were legal but I couldn't find anything on the subject and most of what I found said it depends on what state you live in. Is anyone aware of any federal or state laws concerning bayonets?

--- End quote ---
The 1994-2004 so called Assualt Weapons Ban only banned bayonet lugs on imported or newly manufactured rifles that had a detachable magazine.  It did not affect weapons previously owned at all.  The SKS was not affected unless it was modified to have a detachable magazine. Bayonets themselves were never restricted.

On the affected rifles grenade launchers and threaded barrels for flash suppressors were also banned. You will have to ask "crazy uncle Joe" how many lives were saved by those and the bayonet lug ban.

Radnor:
NONE!  The were STILL being sold WITHOUT the banned features.
Been there, done that, and purchased one DURING the ban.

But sadly, it was lost in my boating accident....

lynch:

--- Quote from: Radnor on November 22, 2017, 11:37:30 AM ---NONE!  The were STILL being sold WITHOUT the banned features.
Been there, done that, and purchased one DURING the ban.

But sadly, it was lost in my boating accident....

--- End quote ---

I visit several forums of the shooting/bushcraft/outdoors variety, and they all have stories about guns lost because of boating accidents. ::)

Sinker:
I think the chainsaw modification is currently still legal as well (for now!).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version