Author Topic: Our CCDW cards..  (Read 6555 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Our CCDW cards..
« on: September 12, 2013, 07:46:42 AM »
Well I just got back from a month long vacation and was finally able to actually see and touch this awesomely cheap, oversized, tossed together joke of a card. Really!?! I'm "licensed by special license" and this is what we get? Something any middle school student could make on a PC and print off in 2 minutes with a full minute break in there as well. Its nothing more than a large paper business card with our photo physically placed on 1 edge along with the state seal on the other and our name, address and "Special License #" on the reverse. Yeah, I've read a few other comments about the card here and there but I was really floored when I actually saw just what it was.

I'm happy it arrived and I finally have it but compared to say the Florida card it's a joke. Honestly I'd be embarrassed if I ever have to provide it to an out of state LEO for some reason. I'd fully expect them to ask "what's this" if they hadn't seen a DE Special Licence before.  ::)

Ok so that outta the way.. I'm happy it's now tucked inside my wallet.. Or rather half inside and half out. Haven't run out for the initial carry but figure that will take place in a few days or so. Just drove 1100 miles to get home, stopping only for fuel and some take out yesterday and have absolutely no desire to drive anywhere else right now. Relaxing, resting and family time for a few days. Ohh and I really have to decide on a couple good holsters now that we both have our cards. Have a few in mind but haven't given it any thought in awhile.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Our CCDW cards..
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 01:34:55 PM »
Welcome back ..eh.   

Believe it or not the more recent cards are an improvement.
The former lamination was opaque

Ever see a Virginia card?   Really bad. 
DE PA VA AZ FL ccw. NRA Life Member.

For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 01:50:57 PM »
That just shows how much of the $65 went to the card.  About $.50
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT,AZ,NH CC Permits
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 03:18:27 PM »
Then again, just think of the people that would like to have a DECCW permit and were unable to obtain or afford one, and be glad you were.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my Gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 05:09:29 PM »
Strum.. I am and stated I was glad/happy to finally have it. We applied back in Feb and just received them 3 weeks ago with consecutive license numbers so our applications stayed together which I found interesting. I was simply stating how cheap the state was with them. This is an official Special License of Delaware and one would have thought at least a bit of state pride would have entered into its design.

I feel for those who go through the time and expense of applying only to be turned down. I do. However when you factor all the costs $300 bucks its really not that expensive. If you can afford a halfway decent firearm and ammo to train with even occasionally then one should be able to pony up the cash for a CCDW if they really want one. Most people toss $300 bucks pretty freely in the run of a year so skip a couple movies, restaurant trips, etc and stuff that cash away for a year.

I'm a Canadian Citizen and US permanent resident who moved to DE less then 2 years prior to sending in my application. I had additional costs and required extra paperwork and photocopies of documents to obtain my permit then 99% of others need to go through. So yes I am thankful.  :)

Poppop XDM

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 06:04:56 PM »
Posted by: Newlife503 
Insert Quote
That just shows how much of the $65 went to the card.  About $.50

Newlife503 your decimal point is in the wrong place   Should Be $.005
Kent County

Poppop XDM

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 06:07:16 PM »
The first time I carried I felt very wierd.  Like everyone was looking.  Thought I would be thrown out of Walmart Camden.  My wife says I am trying to get tossed out of Walmart
Kent County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 10:59:46 PM »
Pop Pop
you will get to the point that you feel funny when you don't carry. Then you are true CCW carrier.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my Gun

Adrian

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 05:49:29 PM »
Ah yes, but the unusual thing about MY card is that it has my whole name spelled CORRECTLY.
Why do today what you can do tomorrow

Resident of NCC although I wish I was in any county in West Virginia

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 06:52:36 PM »
Yes I agree and my last name was the first thing I looked at as its not uncommon to be mistyped.

First carry.. Had to go pickup Chinese for dinner the other night, made a Walmart trip and Home Depot also. These trips all felt very self conscious. Had to hit Target the other day and do some shopping and pretty much forgot I even had it on me. :)

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 12:48:03 AM »
The first thing I thought when I got mine was
1, thank God
2, Did a child do these?
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 05:16:35 AM »
That about sums it up yes.