Author Topic: PA Today  (Read 3494 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
PA Today
« on: July 27, 2013, 02:47:52 AM »
Took my newly minted Delaware permit up to Lancaster today.  In out in less than 15 minutes.  Only $20.00 lighter.
Really nice folks up there.   A deputy looks over your application and makes a copy of your Delaware permit and takes your $20.  They do the PICS/NICS check like when you buy a gun.  Maybe took 30 seconds, nice young lady called it in.  Then you go to another young lady at the end of the counter who takes your picture, inputs info from your application and prints out and laminates your permit.  Thats it.  Out the door you go.  See you in 5 years.

The lady behind the counter says they get a lot of Delaware folks because Chester County won't do out of state and Delaware County makes you take two trips.  She had no idea why.  She couldn't believe the Delaware process like the newspaper ad and the cost of fingerprints, class and permits.

The Sheriff is 100% pro gun and has a letter posted that proclaims he will always protect the Right to Keep and Bear Arms as well as all constitutional rights.
DE PA VA AZ FL ccw. NRA Life Member.

For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.

Newlife503

• Life Member
Re: PA Today
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 03:15:37 AM »
That's where I received my permit, it was exactly like you said.  A lot easier than Delaware that's for sure.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT,AZ,NH CC Permits
New Castle County

del elec

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 02:10:33 PM »
Got mine a couple of weeks ago. Stopped for lunch on the way home and took it out to look at, noticed addressed was Middletown, PA not Middletown, DE  >:(  Had to mail it back and wait for the corrected one. Good to go now.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Targetmaster
DE CCW
PA LTCF

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 10:54:32 PM »
Got mine a couple of weeks ago. Stopped for lunch on the way home and took it out to look at, noticed addressed was Middletown, PA not Middletown, DE  >:(  Had to mail it back and wait for the corrected one. Good to go now.

Glad you spotted that!
The only time I've ever been stopped while carrying was on the PA Turnpike... because my old police car was getting a bit rough around the edges, and was clearly not an active-duty government vehicle. (Oh, and I was driving way too fast).
I was darned glad to hand over a valid PA LTCF... yes, I know I wasn't legally required to inform the officer, but I've been told by a dozen cops to HAND THE OFFICER MY PERMIT if stopped. If the address hadn't matched my license & registration, I doubt it would have gone well.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

finest872

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 02:05:25 AM »
I went to Delaware County two weeks ago and just received letter today that i'm approved  :)
DE,PA CCW Permits

Kent County

Yokota85

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 03:20:17 PM »
Got mine also at lancaster, nice lady told us that the system was down and it would be a long while before we could get the permits.  in and out in 45 min and that was for 3 of us.  I have longer for a pizza.

rchmol5

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 08:38:27 PM »
Hi guys I am new to this forum so Hello to everyone. But it must be nice to get all that done in less than a half hour I'm going on
On week 12 waiting for my Premit.  I called the prothonatary she says their running about 5 months and that my paperworks at the DOJ. Every week I hope to see something I guess I should just forget about it and let the process work "are you serious?" to that. :-\