CCW Methods & Issues > General CCW Discussion

Lancaster County Will stop Issuing Non Resident Permits

(1/15) > >>

Beretta92:
I need to renew my PA, non resident CCW permit, today I found this notice on the Lancaster County Sheriff Home Page.

License to Carry Permit Changes​
Updated 03/19/18

As of June 1st, 2018, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office will no longer process out of state Conceal Carry Permits. If you currently possess a Lancaster County Conceal Carry Permit and you are not a resident of Lancaster County, PA, your permit will no longer be valid upon expiration. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Radnor:
When asked, I always promoted Berks, Bucks, and Lancaster Co.

Bucks Co -> BUCK’S COUNTY ONLY ACCEPTS APPLICATIONS FOR NON-RESIDENTS THAT LIVE IN A STATE THAT HAS RECIPROCITY AGREEMENTS WITH PENNSYLVANIA AND HAVE A CARRY PERMIT WITH NO RESTRICTIONS FROM THE STATE THAT THEY RESIDE IN.

So they are out.

I did mine at the Reading Airport 5 years ago.  Must do mine again this year.

You could try Media.  Media will be 2 trips unless you are renewing a LTCF. (Renewal info from Just Bill I believe)
I do NOT know if renewing your Lancaster Co. LTCF at Media will be 1 trip or 2.

Cbmarine:

--- Quote from: Radnor on April 02, 2018, 04:01:09 PM ---When asked, I always promoted Berks, Bucks, and Lancaster Co.

Bucks Co -> BUCK’S COUNTY ONLY ACCEPTS APPLICATIONS FOR NON-RESIDENTS THAT LIVE IN A STATE THAT HAS RECIPROCITY AGREEMENTS WITH PENNSYLVANIA AND HAVE A CARRY PERMIT WITH NO RESTRICTIONS FROM THE STATE THAT THEY RESIDE IN.

--- End quote ---
So Bucks County is saying “We will only issue a non-resident permit to you if you don’t need one”?

SturmRugerSR9:
I carry a PA Non-Resident permit because when I go to the state my son lived in they don't accept a Delaware Permit, but do accept a PA permit. Well, I guess that shoots that in the @@@. Mine runs out in October 2018. Is it still possible to get a renewal by mail anywhere in PA.?

Cbmarine:
IIRC, we can renew PA LTCF at any time.  If so, I'll be headed north before Jun 1st.  

Pennsylvania does recognize NH non-resident ($100 for 5 years)
From handgunlaw.us Pennsylvania webpage
Permits/Licenses This State Honors Listed Below
Alaska Georgia Louisiana New Hampshire South Dakota West Virginia Arizona1
Indiana Michigan North Carolina Tennessee Wisconsin Arkansas
Iowa Mississippi1 North Dakota2 Texas Wyoming
Colorado Kansas Missouri Ohio Utah1 Florida1
Kentucky Montana Oklahoma Virginia1
----------
1Pennsylvania Honors Non-Resident Permits/Licenses From the States They Honor Except for Arizona, Florida, Mississippi, Utah and Virginia. They have agreements that specifically states “Legal Resident of AZ, FL, MS, UT and VA. You can see the agreements Here. AZ, FL, MS, UT and VA Permit/Licenses issued to non-residents are no longer valid in PA
North Dakota2 - PA only honors the ND Class 1 Permit. (Must be 21 Years of Age)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version