CCW Methods & Issues > General CCW Discussion

"Have you ever been denied a permit?"

<< < (2/2)

Packing_Nine:

--- Quote from: Just Bill on July 30, 2019, 11:06:18 PM ---As he said, not only do they not offer non-resident...
--- End quote ---

Actually, he did not say they do not offer non-resident permits. Maryland does have provisions within the permit application for out-of-state applicants. This has been discussed before (topic 5588, msg 41404).

What he said was that they do not issue non-resident permits, which is for all intents and purposes completely true. Or at least, 99.9999% true. I have met an individual who, due to the nature of his profession and choice wording on his application, has somehow managed to get a Maryland non-resident. I have no reason to doubt the veracity of his claim.

Again, I recognize the odds are slim and the circumstances must be exactly just so. The information I was seeking was whether a Maryland denial would cause trouble in Delaware. Clarence seems to think it will, and that is probably good enough reason not to try.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Just Bill:
I figured that if I made an off the wall statement, I would get the correct answers, without doing the actual research.  Those guys are good!!

lynch:
Have you heard of this?
MD CCW Lawsuit

Packing_Nine:
It's been going on for years. Hope something changes soon.

http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=2232.0

Wayne15464:

--- Quote from: Packing_Nine on July 31, 2019, 01:12:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: Just Bill on July 30, 2019, 11:06:18 PM ---As he said, not only do they not offer non-resident...
--- End quote ---

Actually, he did not say they do not offer non-resident permits. Maryland does have provisions within the permit application for out-of-state applicants. This has been discussed before (topic 5588, msg 41404).

What he said was that they do not issue non-resident permits, which is for all intents and purposes completely true. Or at least, 99.9999% true. I have met an individual who, due to the nature of his profession and choice wording on his application, has somehow managed to get a Maryland non-resident. I have no reason to doubt the veracity of his claim.

Again, I recognize the odds are slim and the circumstances must be exactly just so. The information I was seeking was whether a Maryland denial would cause trouble in Delaware. Clarence seems to think it will, and that is probably good enough reason not to try.

Thanks for everyone's input.

--- End quote ---

Yep, I'd have no reason to doubt someone that "told" me they had a MD non-Resident CCW.

BTW, I'm just back from Mars, on my way to Jupiter.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version