CCW Methods & Issues > General CCW Discussion

PA. Non-Resident CC Permits

<< < (2/3) > >>

Clarence:

--- Quote from: CorBon on October 08, 2019, 01:07:59 AM ---
--- Quote from: lynch on October 06, 2019, 09:26:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: seniorgeek on October 05, 2019, 10:10:25 PM ---I called last week because I was going to PA and want to renew my CCW but the lady in the office was very polite but told me the current sheriff was not issuing non-resident permits,
so I went to the airport in Reading and got my permit renewed in less than 20 minutes and returned to (lower slower) DE.

If you need a PA permit, make the trip to Reading.

--- End quote ---

Yep. That's what I did. Figured in 5 years maybe the Lancaster office will return to issuing non-res permits.

--- End quote ---

York works, too.

--- End quote ---

Good to know.  York was requiring you to have business dealings in county and not issuing same day.

Just Bill:
I have always had good luck in Media, but it may take 2 trips.  Parking is the pits!!!

SturmRugerSR9:
Hopefully the term of Sheriff Chris Leppler ( the same Sheriff that did away with issuing non-resident CC permits) won't last long. Since he took over the Lancaster Sheriff's Office, it has been steadily going down hill. Read the article below:

https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/staffing-shortages-and-low-morale-in-sheriff-s-office-leading/article_e7f0a56a-c3c7-11e9-8ee3-17bba9a04fc3.html

Cbmarine:

--- Quote from: Just Bill on October 08, 2019, 11:24:52 AM ---I have always had good luck in Media, but it may take 2 trips.  Parking is the pits!!!

--- End quote ---
yes, two trips. Parking tough.  On second trip to pick up license, you can jump to the head of the line and the clerk will give you your permit.

Radnor:
Or the Reading Airport...  Lots of parking. 1 trip. 20 minutes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version