CCW Methods & Issues > General CCW Discussion

Medical Marijuana and CCW

(1/2) > >>

Hawkeye:
Does anyone have a good understanding of what happens to a person who has a CCW, or any gun owner for that matter, and then is prescribed medical marijuana?  I have heard a variety of things but much of what I heard is far from reliable.

Just Bill:
As I understand it, any substance that inhibits, and a firearm, are not allowed.

del elec:
I think the problem is that no matter what the states do, Marijuana is still an illegal substance on the federal level.

SturmRugerSR9:
A DUI is still a DUI whether it is from drugs, booze or Marijuana. It is still, by law, driving under the influence.
I personally feel people prescribed medical marijuana should not be able to drive. Doctors that prescribe medical marijuana should by law have to report it to the state police of DMV.

oldgraygeek:
There is now a question on the Form 4473 that asks:

--- Quote ---Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
--- End quote ---

So, if you have a medical marijuana card, and you tell the truth on your form 4473, you should expect to be denied.
(None of us on this forum, of course, would ever lie on a Form 4473).

Also, I am informed by my attorney that possession of both any illegal drug and a firearm is still a felony in Delaware, with or without a CCDW permit and/or a medical marijuana card.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version