Author Topic: Ed Brown Executive Carry  (Read 5323 times)

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Ed Brown Executive Carry
« on: March 08, 2011, 07:21:16 PM »
I recently "lucked" into possesion of an Ed Brown Executive Carry bobtailed commander sized 1911. The fit and finish on this gun is top notch. No, zero, ziltch play between the slide and frame. The slide rides on the rails smoothly with no grittiness or slop...like butta! The barrel locks up perfectly with no play either side to side or up and down. The ambi safety swipes on and off smoothly and positively. The front of the grip frame as well as the bobtailed mainspring housing is checkered with 25 lines per inch providing a secure grip that so far has not been rough on the hands during firing. I've been carrying almost daily now for the better part of a month in both a IWB and OWB Desantis holsters and despite is 35 oz weight it is very compfortable to carry and with the bobtail I find it very easy to conceal even under a tshirt. At the range the Ed Brown has functioned flawlessly with a wide selection of ammo from wadcutters, LRN, FMJ and HP with only a couple of magazine related FTFs and a few cases of failing to lock back on empty (CMC mag not the ed brown supplied mag). Ive found the bobtail very compfortable during firing and I think I may actually like it more the a traditional 1911 frame. While the gun is a 45 acp and has the typical 45 kick it is not severe and follow up shots are easy. The sights are a novak style with Trijicon inserts, are well made and bright and easy to see. Since picking it up I've added a set of Esmerelda smooth gripshttp://www.esmeralda.cc/ Overall? Love it and I plan on "ed" riding on my hip for years to come.

10 rounds Remington FMJ target ammo at 7 yards

Variety of ammo from 7 yards out to 25 yards
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Ed Brown Executive Carry
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 10:49:33 PM »
I love the checkering on the Executive and the Classic Custom line up!

You can certainly tell the difference between a custom/semi-custom and a production 1911. Congrats again!