Author Topic: blackhawk Serpa  (Read 6473 times)

Rfscanner

blackhawk Serpa
« on: July 08, 2011, 12:04:10 AM »
Hello All, Not sure if this is the right place for this topic or if it's already been posted, but thought I would share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:12:45 PM by Sigarms12 »
"A government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, tax paying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust." Founding Fathers.
NRA, DSSA and DSA Member.
Kent County

Rabbit

Re: blackhawk Serpa
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 12:21:13 AM »
I just saw the video at work and someone beat me to posting it.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 12:37:56 AM »
I don't like this holster at all. The worst thing about this holster is the fact that the retention spring can break leaving you without the ability to draw your weapon, litteraly leaves your gun stuck until you get a screwdriver to remove the thing.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 12:54:08 PM »
I dont like the retention holsters personally either. Mechanical decises are prone to failure and or operator error. Also, these days you can give somebody a video recorder and a youtube acct and they become experts. I like how his training kicked in after he shot himself.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

rusirius

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 03:51:43 PM »
I dont like the retention holsters personally either. Mechanical decises are prone to failure and or operator error. Also, these days you can give somebody a video recorder and a youtube acct and they become experts. I like how his training kicked in after he shot himself.

I personally like the fact that his "training" was to call his mommy... LMAO!

John

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 11:51:05 PM »
Wow, now I have to worry about holster failure :-\?  I like Serpa for range shooting but I have not carried it CC.  That's what the Super Tuck and my new Galco King Tut is for.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 02:03:41 AM »
Wow, now I have to worry about holster failure :-\?  I like Serpa for range shooting but I have not carried it CC.  That's what the Super Tuck and my new Galco King Tut is for.

Less things to go wrong the better.

firststatefirearms

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 12:32:35 AM »
Has anyone actually had a Blackhawk Serpa Holster fail to release the weapon?  The guy in the video screwed the pooch, not the holster.  I know alot of Soldiers and Marines that use Blackhawk Thigh Holsters, I used one when I was deployed.  I use a belt slide Blackhawk Serpa to CC my 1911 everday.  I have had the same holster for 6 or 7 years now, with no problems. 
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 07:38:09 PM »
It might never happened, but the possibility of happening is enough for me to stay away.

Rfscanner

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 11:00:44 PM »
I think the Serpa is an awesome holster. This guy just wasn't paying attention to what he was doing and paid the price. I've heard of warn out leather holsters causing a discharge.
"A government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, tax paying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust." Founding Fathers.
NRA, DSSA and DSA Member.
Kent County

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 11:57:36 PM »
[...] I've heard of warn out leather holsters causing a discharge.

That is a great point, I've seen that too. I wear leather holster all the time but would never wear a worn out one. Always check your gear!

jopy2020

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 01:35:06 AM »
I like retention holster for certain aspects, but I would not use one for concealed carry.
NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Rifle)
Sussex County