Firearms and Equipment Reviews > Firearms Related Equipment Reviews

Portable Gun Safe

(1/5) > >>

SturmRugerSR9:
I just decided to buy a lockable portable gun safe for my vehicle. I shopped around and decide on one made bu a company called Gun Vault. I originall saw it on a Walmart web site. You can order it on-line only. Not carried in stores. I ended up buying on Amazon, at a cost of under $30.00 including shipping. It is made of 20ga. steel with foam lining inside. I decide on the key lock version as it takes longer to open with the combination version. It also comes with a 1500 lb. test steel cable that can be used to secure it in your vehicle. It is fairly light and can be used to ship pistol on airline, as it meets FAA specs. I suggest making sure you get the V200 mosel that fits everything up to a 1911 automatic. It can also be used to lock up cell phones, money, jewelry, gps, etc.
in you vehicle, RV, or boat.

Bmel17:
I have a similar vault myself.  It comes in quite handy! I have the combo version so I don't ever lose the key.  I also have 2 steel security locks in my Jeep too.  It's nice having three choices to lock up my firearm though. 

Lumspond:
I also have the Gun Vault brand Nano vault, keyed. I find it to be cheaply built with loose tolerances, but adequate. The first one I bought had a busted weld on the inner lip. They did replace it. I used it to lock my gun in my luggage when traveling on Southwest to FL. Worked fine.

Rabbit:
i have this bolted under my driver seat

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14114_0001_07.htm

it fits my Glocks perfectly, but i guess it only works if your a jeep owner   

Bmel17:
Rabbit, I have the glove box and center cosole in steel too.  Gotta love the all the stuff they put out for Jeeps don't you?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version