Author Topic: M&P 9c Trigger Pull is 6.5 lbs.  (Read 12109 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
M&P 9c Trigger Pull is 6.5 lbs.
« on: May 01, 2012, 03:02:41 PM »
I've been told that some trigger work, like sear polishing, could bring the weight down a few pounds.  However, I am curious whether the heavy trigger was intentional (if so why?) or the default for striker action pistols.  Nonetheless, I sure wish it was a few pounds lighter.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: M&P 9c Trigger Pull is 6.5 lbs.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »
Is this a carry gun or just a fun gun to shoot?

If it is a CARRY gun, (my opinion) NO work on it at all!  Factory stock!  MAYBE a laser or night sights.
Dont like suggesting lasers for several reasons.  1 BATTERIES!  The one time you NEED it, batteries could be dead.
If you laser it, I'd use it as a secondary source and NOT be dependent on it.  Train mainly without it! 2nd, if I'm a
"fine upstanding citizen" armed with a gun robbing you, I KNOW were to shoot.... 

Carry guns and ammo.....  Factory ammo, NO RELOADS!!!!  And on the topic of carry ammo.  I know it is expensive
(I know I love throwing more than a dollar a trigger pull down range), train with it occasionally.  If your spouse wants
to know what to get you for your birthday, a box of JHP would be great.  Shoot the old, replace with new.

Should you need it for that "fine upstanding citizen", you will NOT know it's a 6.5 lb trigger pull....   

NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor, CRSO
Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In The Home,
Personal Protection Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety,
and Reloading

Also offer Delaware CCDW training.  PM me for details.

Condition 1

• Life Member

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 07:34:32 PM »
Radnor - Certainly great advice.  It is a carry pistol and a tad pricey so I would be just as happy to make no mods at all.  But when scaring targets 6.5 lbs is just too heavy for a small gun.  Sight alignment and trigger pull fight each other like a Tyson bout and after ~ 60 rounds I add the shakes to the mix.  I am concerned that when the day comes when I have to call in all my luck this trigger is going to be an “after-the-fact” sad story.

Condition 1 – Great link!  Since I call this my wife’s gun (some of you will understand) I can buy her this upgrade for her birthday!  Thanks!

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »
Well for ALL of us here, I wish the day NEVER comes where we have to use our firearm for SD.
(to me, it's a beautiful day when I put it away in the same condition I got it out in)

[OPINION]

But, if you have trigger work done (you or a smith) and have to use it for SD, I think your
life will be HELL. (It will be HELL for the shooting anyway)  But, I think the prosecutor will
try to introduce "YOU had a hair trigger put in so you could kill...."  etc...

That's also why no reloads!

[/OPINION]

[FLAME SUIT ON]
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor, CRSO
Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In The Home,
Personal Protection Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety,
and Reloading

Also offer Delaware CCDW training.  PM me for details.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:36:30 PM »
Radnor – Love the “Opinion” quotes but I will confess.  I made a living as licensed professional in the exploration field and I never submitted one report than was other than opinion.  So, welcome to the Dept. of Redundancy Dept! ;D

Tonight I sat on a civic board right next to a friend that’s been in the legal trade forever.  I presented my “case” and yours but not by name.  He said “It is more than imperative that you assume a prosecutor will make strong efforts to demean the “gun” first and then you.  So, you win. And thank you for your opinion.

ampb5rider

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 02:09:45 PM »
Put an Apex on my wifes 9c, but we're from MASS, so it starts at 10+, probably brought it down to 6 smoother no doubt. it is the carry option.
NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member
MA CCW
Utah CCW

del elec

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 04:50:35 PM »
Well for ALL of us here, I wish the day NEVER comes where we have to use our firearm for SD.
(to me, it's a beautiful day when I put it away in the same condition I got it out in)

[OPINION]

But, if you have trigger work done (you or a smith) and have to use it for SD, I think your
life will be HELL. (It will be HELL for the shooting anyway)  But, I think the prosecutor will
try to introduce "YOU had a hair trigger put in so you could kill...."  etc...

That's also why no reloads!

[/OPINION]

[FLAME SUIT ON]
How many people purchase a fire extinguisher or a first aid kit and can't wait to have to use it? I own and carry a gun for the same reason I own the other things. I pray that I never have to use it but need to know how to use it if the need arises.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Targetmaster
DE CCW
PA LTCF

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 08:38:55 PM »
I absolutely love a crispy, predictable trigger pull.