Author Topic: Is Tidbury Park considered game & fisheries management?  (Read 2456 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Is Tidbury Park considered game & fisheries management?
« on: May 04, 2012, 07:40:28 PM »
Tidbury Park is just south of Dover and I believe the park is a Kent County asset.   However, DNREC stocks the pond with trout several times in the spring. I plan to call DNREC and get their take on whether this is considered a state game management area.  If someone has already done this please let me know. Otherwise I will post my findings.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:30:51 PM by Obleo »
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: Is Tidbury Park considered game & fisheries management?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 08:07:24 PM »
I just found this link to a map of the Wildlife Management Areas in Delaware:

http://www.dnrec.delaware.gov/fw/Hunting/Documents/WMA%20Maps%202011/STATE%20OVERVIEW.pdf

And this:

STANDARD WILDLIFE AREA HUNTING REGULATIONS
Persons may hunt on the wildlife areas only as directed by the following rules which have been established by Wildlife Regulation 3908 of the Division of Fish and Wildlife pursuant to Section 103, 7 Delaware Code. Violators of wildlife area regulations may be subject to fines and/or revocation of their hunting privilege on state wildlife areas for up to one year. You must also refer to the individual wildlife area maps for specific information. The following are standard regulations that pertain to all State wildlife areas:
1. Firearms. No firearms are permitted on state wildlife areas from March 1 through August 31 of each year except during legal hunting seasons or as authorized in writing by the Division of Fish and Wildlife. Target shooting is prohibited. Call Ommelanden Shooting Range for year-round target shooting information at (302) 323-5333.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:22:48 PM by Obleo »

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 03:55:43 PM »
Call Kent County Parks and Recreation, not DNREC, it is a county park.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 07:19:57 PM »
I spoke with the DNREC Fisheries Programs Administrator who indicated that the fish stocking activity is by agreement with Kent County and does not reclassify Tidbury as a "management area"

Also, as suggested by frank, I spoke with Kent County and was told that the park is not considered a fisheries management area.