Author Topic: Cost to start w/ a Dillion?  (Read 10581 times)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Cost to start w/ a Dillion?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2017, 04:16:27 PM »
Customer service theses days is hard to find. I will spend more $$ at a place if their customer service is top notch even if I know I can save $$ somewhere else.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 12:30:44 PM »
I have the Lee 4 turret press.  Not a high volume tool but gets the job done for me, for quite a bit less than Dillon.  I do .45 and 9MM, and it is capable of doing .223, I just decided not to.  My issue with Lee is the automatic powder measuring, it is not accurate.  It measures volume not weight, and it can vary by .2-.4 grains, almost the spread of the load range.  NOT good.  A trickle scale might be the better choice there, but that slows the process down considerably.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser

AudiQ

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 10:53:29 PM »
I have the Lee 4 turret press.  Not a high volume tool but gets the job done for me, for quite a bit less than Dillon.  I do .45 and 9MM, and it is capable of doing .223, I just decided not to.  My issue with Lee is the automatic powder measuring, it is not accurate.  It measures volume not weight, and it can vary by .2-.4 grains, almost the spread of the load range.  NOT good.  A trickle scale might be the better choice there, but that slows the process down considerably.

Bill
Agree that the Lee powder measure is not spot on. But some powders meter better than others. I've had decent luck with HP 38 and Titegroup. Less so with CFE pistol and Bullseye. For target loads I'm ok with Lee, but if I get into shooting competition I might look for a more accurate measure.
Endeavor to persevere