Author Topic: CZ 75 BD POLICE 9mm 16-Round Pistols  (Read 12632 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
CZ 75 BD POLICE 9mm 16-Round Pistols
« on: February 06, 2013, 03:13:53 AM »
Anyone else like these? Finally picked these up the other day. Consecutive serials on 3 of them (Dad, Mom, Son) and the 4th I may export as a gift to my father in Canada. These are actually very common and popular in Canada.

I've fired the CZ 75 B 9mm before and have wanted to buy 1 for sometime. I found these a few weeks ago, price was great, had the cash so I said WTH and bought them. I haven't had time to shoot them yet but plan on a range trip this week so at least 1 will be coming along!

Ogles First Note: They haven't been cleaned yet and full of packing/shipping oils.

Specs:
Single Action / Double Action
Has Decocker / No Safety
Overall Length: 8.11"
Weight: 2.17Lbs
Barrel Length: 4.7"
Sights: Fixed 3-Dot
Grips: CZ Plastic
Mags: 16-Round x 2; +10, 20, 25 and 30 rounders available
Twist Rate: 6-grove; 1 in 9.7-Twist

Included:
Hard shell clam case
CZ 75 BD handgun
2 16-round mags
Cleaning brush & rod
Manual, warranty papers and target data chart

Pros:
Very Accurate
Extremely reliable
Very little flip
Light recoil
Feels great in the hand
Over 1 Million out there! Somethings gotta be 'right' about it : )
Large choice in magazines

Cons:
SA Trigger is very long and heavy
Gritty trigger requires long break in or trigger job
Decocker version requires more work for a trigger job
Plastic grips.. Prefer Hogue or wood myself
No rails

Generally everyone agrees that the triggers are gritty and the SA pull is really long and heavy. This is completely true. Many people say 1000 to 1500 rounds before you noticeably feel a big difference. I'm thinking I'll opt for a trigger job on one with some 3/8" rubber hose and a lot of dry & range firing on another just to see how the 2 compare. Care less about rails. Will be ordering a set of Hogue grips and a set of wood Walnut checkered grips from Marschal Grips. Will also order 1 or 2 sets of Meprolight night sights. For giggles I picked up a pair of 30 round magazines that were cheap enough for me to bother with and very likely sell later on. That or drop them in a SHTF bag?!?!?! lol

Any others own one of these and care to drop your thoughts or experience on them?

Edit..
Updated twist rate under specs above
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:31:09 AM by Adrenolin »

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: CZ 75 BD POLICE 9mm 16-Round Pistols
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 10:33:09 PM »
Well I hit Shooters Choice last night and have to say I like it! Yesterday I took one out, cleaned it and the 2 mags plus 2 additional mags from one of the others. Range was packed and by the time I got a lane only had about 45 minutes to play and I had brought a few other toys to play with as well. I fired 100 rounds of Federal Champion 9mm 115gr FMJs down range and no a single problem. Weight of the gun controls the recoil very well and there is hardly any flip at all. Shooting at about 21 feet and not truly aiming I had all 100 rounds within a 6" group.. again mostly just mag dumps just shy of rapid shooting. I held the CZ with different grip tightness to see if it affected its abilities and even with it basically loosely cradled between the thumb and index finger, with lower 3 fingers slightly away, it never missed a beat. Very comfortable, very controllable and so far dependable. I'm looking forward to many more rounds through this handgun.

If you haven't fired one before you should try it. Entirely different from small light poly handguns yet oddly different from in handling from a typical 1911.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 12:17:14 AM »
If I lose the 20 ibs my Doc says I need to, But then put it on with a CZ and 30 rnds.  Am I still healthy?
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »
If I lose the 20 ibs my Doc says I need to, But then put it on with a CZ and 30 rnds.  Am I still healthy?

LOL I couldn't tell you as I could handle a 20Lbs loss myself. The 2Lbs 9oz weight of the CZ with a full 16 rounds is a tad hefty. However
The PPQ with 15 comes in at 2Lbs 1oz
The Ruger SP101 357 5-shooter with 5-round speedloader is 2lbs 6oz
The Hi-Point JHP .45acp with 9 rounds comes in at 3Lbs 6.2oz (OUCH!)
The Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan .454 Casull 6-shooter comes in at exactly 3lbs.

Or so I'm told those are the weights.. it's not like I just weighed those myself for a few comparisons. 8 )

For a full sized all steel 16 rounder, just over 2.6Lbs isn't that bad. Still... its certainly not my choice for a regular everyday carry! ; )
btw.. I DO know someone who CCs one of the Alaskans! Loads .45LC instead of the brutal .454. That said, he comes in at close to 350 and could likely conceal an AR hehe

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 01:18:09 PM »
I think 3lbs for EDC is not bad at all, that is about what I carry on a full size 1911. Get a good holster and belt, you won't feel the weight.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »
Yah I don't think 3lbs is that much. I love the PPQ, PPS and the SP101, all of which are lighter and conceal easily. Don't have our permits yet but we have filed for them. I haven't pulled the trigger yet on a quality holster. Looking at 2 Supertucks for the Walther's. Do have a Galco for the SP101 and really like it.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »
Glock 29 + spare mag + 21 rounds 10mm JHP + Safepacker = 3 lb 2.5 oz, according to our postal scale.
The belt I bought at the New Castle Farmers Market holds it up well.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 05:35:59 PM »
That's something else I'll be looking for is a good belt. Actually everything times 2 since the wife will be needing as well. I haven't handled a 29 so don't know its true size aside from photos but think that most full sized firearms would be in this range.

lol cost of the carry firearm + night sights + extra mags + mag holders + holster or 2 or 3 = a ton of extra cost per cc weapon choice! : )

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 12:22:37 PM »
Adrenolin> have you tried here>>

http://www.comp-tac.com/
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 10:12:37 AM »
Adrenolin> have you tried here>>

http://www.comp-tac.com/

Hi Joe. No I hadn't had time before my trip. Got back in town late last night after being in Canada for the last few weeks.

Was just looking at their Minotaur MTAC Holster which allows the kydex shell to be swapped out with another for different guns. At 90.00 + 38.00 for additional Kydex Bodies it's not bad. I contacted CrossBreed about this awhile back in regards to their SuperTuck and was told they used rivets to attach the kydex. If you had 2, 3, 4 handguns to wanted to carry you'd need to buy a new complete SuperTuck at $85-$93 for each. Not bad for 2 but anymore the MTAC $$$wise looks to be a much better deal.

That said I like the SuperTuck hardware better. It looks to be stronger and is visually wider. I also like that I can get the SuperTuck in Horsehide.

I'm holding off on this expense until we get our permits. I have a nice Tagua Quick Draw Leather Holster I can use with my SP101 357 until I decide what to go with for my semi-autos. I have a Serpa for the PPQ but want IWB for them also.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 12:14:14 AM »
Speeking of CZ

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1193367/delaware-handguns-for-sale--cz75-compact

I do not know this person.  it's purdy tho.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 05:17:56 AM »
Stop that! The wife wouldn't be impressed! Lol

Honestly I'd like to shoot more CZ guns. The CZ 75s are the only one I've fired and I, of course, really liked it. I hear nothing but good about most of their lineup.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 10:53:00 AM »
Add is still up....   450 doesnt sound too bad?
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 05:27:41 PM »
Your now known to me as TwistedEvilKarma : )

Sounds like a great price for someone... else.

Gorski

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 06:17:16 PM »
shot one this weekend, outstanding gun
Never leave home without it!
New Castle County