Author Topic: ATI feed ramp polishing for a 1911  (Read 4753 times)

ATI feed ramp polishing for a 1911
« on: April 07, 2013, 10:08:46 PM »
Curious if anyone here knows how to do this and what they might charge me for the service. The ATI feeds ball great, but I will have to doctor it in order to get it to feed hollow points.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Re: ATI feed ramp polishing for a 1911
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 03:10:17 PM »
A million.    If you don't have that.   Some cheap sangreea for the miss's will do
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 08:10:28 PM »
You could probably find instructions on YouTube. Use some metal polish with fine grit, and maybe a Dremel tool (lowest speed) with the cloth polishing bit. Better to do it in steps, start with medium grit and step down to extra fine.
New Castle County

anjdrifter

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 12:06:03 PM »
I polish the feed ramps on almost all my autos. I  always use a dremel (so I have control of speed) I also use like stated in other post a very fine polish  the finer the better. it is more a lubricated rather then grinder.I cut a disc polish pad down and fit it to the bore (appox.)  never use an abrasive or anything that removes metal. the process will really make difference.it takes only minutes to do..
Sussex county, NRA certified instructor -pistol-rifle- shotgun ,doj approved instructor

Fishhunter911

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 05:27:17 PM »
I used 3000 grit emery paper on my feed ramp followed by Mothers mag polish on my RIA 1911. She shots anything I feed it now.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 11:53:59 PM »
Well technically, very fine polish IS an abrasive.
What can I say, it's Friday night, beer o'clock.
Use toothpaste if you run out of polish.
New Castle County