Author Topic: Beretta PX4  (Read 5077 times)

Schmenge

Beretta PX4
« on: August 07, 2013, 06:33:56 PM »
I've been wanting this gun for a long time now and finally got it yesterday. I ordered thru Gallery of Guns and picked it up at Federal Firearms.

I haven't fired it yet, hopefully I'll get to Friday.

BUT, I was a little disappointed in the finish quality of the polymer frame. Nothing that can't be corrected, but not what I expected from Beretta. Lots of sharp edges and flashing that I had to scrape off. I guess with orders out the wahzoo, everyone is cutting corners. I noticed a little bit of friction in the trigger before it fires. I'm not sure if that is in the design or a flaw.

I'll post more after I get a chance to shoot it.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

Schmenge

Re: Beretta PX4
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »
Does anyone out there own a PX4. I have some concerns about the frame and would like to compare notes.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

Schmenge

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 08:40:55 PM »
Beretta is apparently having problems with their molding process for polymer frames for the PX4. I had to send one back to Davidson's due to very poor quality, voids in the area where the barrel rotates. I got the second one and at first I thought they sent me the same gun again. VERY disappointed in Beretta. That one is going back to Davidson's too.

Chris at Federal Firearms was extremely helpful. I actually ended up buying one from his inventory.

OK, so I'll shoot it Friday and then post the results.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

Schmenge

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 05:04:46 PM »
I finally got to shoot it on Friday. I only had time for about 30 rounds though because I wanted to practice with my carry gun too.

So I didn't get enough shots to give any useful info, other than it functioned well, recoil was snappy but manageable. I liked the trigger, double and single action. More to follow, soon I hope.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

Schmenge

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 07:43:50 PM »
I now have 250 rounds through this gun. I was having problems shooting low and left, but not consistently. I put the largest grip on it this morning and fired 50 rounds. Adjusted my grip a bit and finally got some consistent groups.

No malfunctions to date, finally good groups. I think I like it. I don't think it's going to be my CC gun during the warm months, but maybe with a jacket on I'll give it a try.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member