Author Topic: Yugo SKS gas pin/valve won't function...  (Read 3767 times)

headfirst

Yugo SKS gas pin/valve won't function...
« on: February 12, 2009, 01:51:20 AM »
its locked in the rifle position (which is better than the grenade position), but I cant get the tube out to clean it in this position. Hit it with WD40, still locked up. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
hf

Blue Hen Firearms

Re: Yugo SKS gas pin/valve won't function...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 03:11:18 AM »
Do you have the gas tubelock rotated into the correct position? It should be slightly upward. If that is a yes try this, put a generous helping of CLP on the gas rod and let it soak in for a few minutes. Then try to carefully, and I do stress carefully, coerce it out with a rubber dead blow hammer or the like. If it dosen't start to give DO NOT FORCE it, you don't want to take a chance and break anything. Sometimes SKS's will develop a gas leak which in turn will crud it up even more. I will do some more research on the problem and post anything else I may find.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 03:18:27 AM by Blue Hen Firearms »
NRA Business Alliance Member

headfirst

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 09:44:55 PM »
Do you have the gas tubelock rotated into the correct position? It should be slightly upward. If that is a yes try this, put a generous helping of CLP on the gas rod and let it soak in for a few minutes. Then try to carefully, and I do stress carefully, coerce it out with a rubber dead blow hammer or the like. If it dosen't start to give DO NOT FORCE it, you don't want to take a chance and break anything. Sometimes SKS's will develop a gas leak which in turn will crud it up even more. I will do some more research on the problem and post anything else I may find.

Success!!!!! All sorted out and cleaned. I think that's exactly what happened. Leak lead to fouling and build-up. Can't wait to see how it cycles now.

Thanks a bunch for the reply BH,
hf

Blue Hen Firearms

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 11:31:04 PM »
Great glad it worked. The SKS is fun and cheap to shoot but they develop their own little problems sometimes. Good shooting

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:15:50 AM by TwistedKarma »
NRA Business Alliance Member