Author Topic: Postcard in the mail offering free cruise or airline tickets  (Read 13098 times)

Postcard in the mail offering free cruise or airline tickets
« on: October 05, 2013, 11:52:57 PM »
Most people would not fall for this, but I had a relative that did with a company called Serenity travel that were ran out of business so I thought I would let people know the same thing might be going on.

The company sending these is Merritt world vacations. I do not know what their situation is. They might not be doing anything wrong and be a great company, but most of these travel club companies tend to be as can be found out by googling Daryl Turner in new jersey vacation scams. They also do not appear to have an office in Delaware but operate out of the Hampton INN in Middletown. All the contact made is through a company that does their booking and they are not able to tell you the process of how to get your gifts and if you mention things like Serenity and other companies they say people are mad and lying.

Even if you dont buy to get your "gifts" you often have to send certified checks or money orders and IN the case of other companies most people did not get them.

Again I can't say Merritt is the same, but the set up seems really similar so I thought I would pass the word.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Postcard in the mail offering free cruise or airline tickets
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 11:57:25 PM »
Again, the old principal applies. If it looks to good to be true, it probably is. And, you don't get something for nothing. Right?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my Gun