Classified > Scam warning area

warned of IRS scam

<< < (2/2)

kent:
Phone rang and Caller ID says "Virginia, 703-272-4699". Recording says "This is the IRS and you or your Legal Council need to call us immediately or we threaten to take legal action. I am Officer Nicky Johnson and can be reached at our hot line 585-743-1544".
I called the Attorney Generals office and was referred to the Federal Trade Commission 877-382-4357. The gentleman took my info and said this is going on everywhere and to just hang-up. He said the IRS does business ONLY by mail (USPS). This happened Friday morning 3/13.

robberbaron:
I have had 2 of those calls in the last week. Left on voicemail, but very threatening. What is worse is my accountant called over the weekend and my federal tax return was not accepted online as someone had already used my ss# on a earlier return. Total nightmare. I have had to shut down my credit at the reporting agencies, file a complaint with the FTC, contact my credit monitoring service to be extra vigilant and download and fill out a special form that will need to be attached to my return that must be printed and mailed with proof of my identity.

SturmRugerSR9:
Got a call a few days ago from the "IRS" , genius Response Scam, The real IRS doers not make recorded phone calls, they have to contact you by US mail in writing and signed by an IRS official that can be verified.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version