Author Topic: Ammo Supply  (Read 2155 times)

Sparky

Ammo Supply
« on: January 03, 2017, 02:08:01 PM »
A friend of mine who retired from one of the top ammo manufactures told me certain ammo is starting to stack up at manufactures, distributors and store shelves since the election. The hoarding of ammo seems to be lessening its impact on the ammo pipeline since 2008. I think this might be really true as receiving more sales E-mails lately for sales on ammo from many companies.

He stated .22's were hoarded the most since 2008, while those who purchased .22 stuck it on their shelves unable to replenish the supply. What is shocking they manufacture some 6 billion .22's a year in the U.S.  When my friend told me buy .22's in 2008 as he ordered 5000 round flats for our group that wanted them but of course I wasn't that smart.

I hope supply and demand lowers prices of ammo we can use a break over the last 8 years with ammo and reloading supplies & pricing. 

I remember on Gunbroker when the frenzy started some guy bid $900 for 9  one pound cans of Varget  and 525 packs of Remington Golden .22 were $150.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Ammo Supply
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 10:44:23 PM »
I was lucky. When things got really scarce for finding .22 LR ammo, I found a little place in the mid-state area that had Federal ammo and I bought quite a few boxes. Cost $10.00 a box, but I got all I wanted. I have never revealed the place and still won't because it would be mobbed if the scarcity returns, and I won't have any ammo for me.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my Gun

Tonym

Re: Ammo Supply
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 10:58:27 PM »
A lot of the common stuff like 223 and 9mm is so cheap now its not even really worth my time to reload it. The big boy stuff is still pretty high tho