CCW Methods & Issues > CCW Equipment

Carry for Skinny/Small Guys/girls ???

(1/4) > >>

BPRoach302:
Hello all,
I am a smaller guy, about 5'9", 145lbs. My waist is around 30". Just wondering how other small/ skinny folks carry.
What gun, holster, belt, position?
Appendix carry, trigger guard holsters, belly band style holsters, pocket holsters?

Thanks in advance!!

ThePixelated:
The best advice is the same as when you decide what gun to get and carry, which is whatever fits you best and is comfortable. I thought I was going to to appendix carry with a kydex holster, but my body said nope. I tried a hybrid holster and didn't like it. Found a different kydex holster that I liked and now carry at 4/5 position...

BPRoach302:

--- Quote from: ThePixelated on May 15, 2015, 03:21:18 AM ---The best advice is the same as when you decide what gun to get and carry, which is whatever fits you best and is comfortable. I thought I was going to to appendix carry with a kydex holster, but my body said nope. I tried a hybrid holster and didn't like it. Found a different kydex holster that I liked and now carry at 4/5 position...

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I understand completely. There is no doubt that I am going to end up with more than a few holsters. There are so many choices, I just want to narrow my search by seeing what other people (my size) recommend.
I am also looking to carry appendix. I have a Taurus PT111 G2 (9mm). I have looked at several smaller holster manufactures as well as the giants.

STEALTHGEAR USA AIWB APPENDIX CARRY HOLSTER http://stealthgearusa.com/products/sgusa-aiwb-appendix-carry-holster?variant=1018857748 – This holster looks great. Currently don’t make one for my firearm.

ON YOUR 6 DESIGNS https://onyour6designs.com/product/taurus-holster/ – I will probably order one of these. GREAT price point and good reviews so far.

oldgraygeek:
You may also want to consider concealing your firearm in plain sight. Several manufacturers make belt "holsters" that you wear out on your waist. (I'm not talking about a fanny pack, which screams "GUN!!!").
Among other benefits:

--You can remove the holster and gun in public without anyone seeing your firearm and dialing 911.
--Other than a sturdy belt, no wardrobe changes are required.

Here are a few links:
Safepacker: I've been wearing my Glock 20 and 29 in these for almost a decade, virtually undetected.
Sneaky Pete: I wore my Glock 42 in a nylon Sneaky Pete holster all over the place, including the heavily secured Temple graduation in 2014. Nobody looked at it twice. I just got one for my new Glock 43.
PDA Holsters: I've never tried them, but their Web site looks pretty good.

Just Bill:
I usually carry a S&W 642 .38 or S&W BG.38  They are light, small, even fit a pocket holster.  I use either the pocket holster or OWB belt holster.  I don't like the small 9MM's, too small even for my small hands.  And the .38+P has better knockdown.  I love 1911 types, but just too big.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version