General > Delaware Concealed Carry Information

Had my wallet stolen with my ccw permit in it

(1/2) > >>

wutdhail:
Anyone know what I am required to do?  How do I get a new one?

lynch:
Were you held up or what?
How was it stolen?
Call the prothonotary for the county where you applied for your permit to find out about a replacement.
I wouldn't concealed-carry in the meantime.

wutdhail:
My wallet was stolen from my vehicle.  So yeah, I called the Superior court and found out it's fairly easy.  Send them copy of DL, 2 pics and $5 bucks and they will get it back to me.  Then called the sheriffs office in DE county and they wanted me to come in and fill out paperwork and then come back when I get references and go through this whole rigamarole.  I said no thanks called up Lancaster county where I got my ccw origially and basically do the same thing as DE.  Send them the DL, a note saying how my wallet was stolen and $5 bucks.  They use the same pics on file.  Fla is about the same.  So moral of the story, don't go to DE county, it's run by lib bureaucrats that just want to hassle law abiding citizens.

Clarence:

--- Quote from: wutdhail on May 16, 2015, 06:19:03 PM ---My wallet was stolen from my vehicle.  So yeah, I called the Superior court and found out it's fairly easy.  Send them copy of DL, 2 pics and $5 bucks and they will get it back to me.  Then called the sheriffs office in DE county and they wanted me to come in and fill out paperwork and then come back when I get references and go through this whole rigamarole.  I said no thanks called up Lancaster county where I got my ccw origially and basically do the same thing as DE.  Send them the DL, a note saying how my wallet was stolen and $5 bucks.  They use the same pics on file.  Fla is about the same.  So moral of the story, don't go to DE county, it's run by lib bureaucrats that just want to hassle law abiding citizens.

--- End quote ---
Could be worse.  Saw a post on another forum about a gentleman from Philadelphia that lost his wallet and when he went back to get a new LTCF, They denied him under the character clause as being irresponsible for losing his wallet.

rikwick:
I took a picture of my permit along with other stuff with my phone, just in case I don't have my wallet with me, I at least have some documentation.   You should be just fine with being able to cc.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version