Author Topic: UK: "Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife"  (Read 12500 times)

Paladin4CA

UK: "Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife"
« on: June 30, 2015, 07:45:36 PM »

British Police Order Citizens: “Surrender Your Knives!”

The right to bear arms might be under attack here in America–but in the United Kingdom, police are trying to do something even more ridiculous: they’re attempting to ban knives.

The British police have recently joined forces with liberal grassroots activists in the UK, launching the “Save a Life–Surrender Your Knife” program. Knife crime has been climbing recently in major UK cities like London.

The program involved several weeks of “amnesty” for “pointed knives.” Civilians can turn in these apparently dangerous weapons at their local police station in exchange for “amnesty,” apparently, even though knives (rounded or pointed) aren’t illegal in the United Kingdom.

In the last few months of 2014, when the program was running, about 800 knives had been handed in across the country–”including swords, machetes, and commando knives,” according to the Lancashire Police Department.

800 seems like a large number… until you remember the United Kingdom has a population of more than 64.1 million people, most of whom probably have a knife or two lying around the house.

More at:
http://www.citizen-action.com/british-police-order-citizens-surrender-knives/article1327

If you don't want things to get this bad in the USA, best to join www.KnifeRights.org as well as the NRA and supporting the NRA-ILA and the NRA-PVF.
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: UK: "Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife"
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 10:17:17 PM »
I don't think I would feel comfortable with those 2 having a knife, without me having my gun.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my Gun

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 10:21:50 PM »
Once a noble people now reduced to a bunch of state worshiping sissies.  Too bad we bailed them out twice.  They deserve to live as serfs. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:25:13 PM by Clarence »
DE PA VA AZ FL ccw. NRA Life Member.

For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.

Kilroy08

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 04:43:54 AM »
They are away from CCTV so leaving weapons can be anonymous.

As stated on their web page....

How courteous of them. After hours one stop shopping bonanza for miscreants???

Leave a weapon, take a weapon?