Classified > Scam warning area

BANK OF AMERICA CREDIT CARD GOT HIT

(1/2) > >>

kent:
Received a call from B. of A. notifying me of a possible credit card theft. It was an automated call. I hung up and called the number on the back of my card (didn't want to give personal info to automated caller). They bought Shoes and Airline tickets out of Johannesburg South Africa for almost $700. B. of A. took care of it and sending a new card. B. of A. was very quick to respond.
From now on will be using PAYPAL.

oldgraygeek:
Paypal is worse... if you have a disputed charge on there, it's a nightmare.
Stick with regular credit cards (NOT debit).

kent:
Thanks, geek

I have heard this before. This is why I'm sharing. Now I know why Bank of America has 4,000 employees in Wilmington Del.

robberbaron:
No more debit cards for me since I was hacked at Walmart.com for a laptop that was to be delivered to Indiana a few years back. Fortunately, I monitor all accounts daily for suspicious activity. Credit cards won't drain a checking account.

oldgraygeek:

--- Quote from: robberbaron on August 05, 2015, 12:39:29 AM ---No more debit cards for me since I was hacked at Walmart.com for a laptop that was to be delivered to Indiana a few years back. Fortunately, I monitor all accounts daily for suspicious activity. Credit cards won't drain a checking account.

--- End quote ---

Exactly.
We have debit cards for personal accounts, and for my business checking, but the only time we use them is to slide them into our own bank's ATM -- the one inside the supermarket, so it would be really hard for criminals to install a skimmer on it -- to make deposits or a (rare) cash withdrawal. We never use a debit card to buy anything, so the card numbers and expiration dates are kept secret in our wallets.

We've had half a dozen credit card numbers hacked in the last few years: one from the 2014 Target hack, another from the Home Depot hack, and others from unknown sources. Each time, my wife spotted some unusual purchase when she was checking the cards online, and we contacted the card issuer right away. Our net loss: zero.
If our checking account had been hit, even temporarily, for the amounts involved, other payments would have bounced. Nobody reimburses for that, so it could have been an expensive mistake...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version