Author Topic: Mika's Holsters  (Read 2861 times)

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Mika's Holsters
« on: July 12, 2009, 02:04:34 AM »
After close to a 3 month wait my new pocket holster for my S&W 642 arrived from Mika's Holsters.http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/ I had been carrying the snubbie in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster and was unhappy with the way it felt and looked in my pocket. The nemesis is a rubber type holster and would cause my thigh to get very hot. Also I felt like it was rather large and showed a hugh lump in my pocket. Upon opening the package I found the Mika to be very light and well made. It is a leather holster with a rubber mesh (i think it may be cabinet lining rubber) wrapped around the middle intended to hold the holster in the pocket during draws. The rubber is very well stitched onto the leather and I could not find one place where it will flap up and begin to rip. In the pocket it hides the gun much better than the Desantis and does not create the heat either. The rubber mesh does its job of keeping the holster in place during draws. As a nice little touch, written on the inside of the holster in "made by Bob Mika for _______me______ S&W J Frame". If the rest of Mikas holsters are of similar quality and value ($22 for mine) than check them out.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:14:47 PM by Sigarms12 »
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!