Classified > Scam warning area

IRS scam

(1/5) > >>

PPScarry:
They are back at it. A year or two ago I had a guy with a mid east accent call and said there was a tax warrant against me. I told him where he could get off but he kept calling me a few more times and hung up right away when he heard my voice. The things I said to that "fig eater trying to find reverse in a Russian tank (big Lebowski quote)" is embarrassing and won't get me into heaven.

Let me make it perfectly clear. The IRS DOES NOT call you at home EVER. You have to call them first. Watch out.

Cbmarine:
Got a couple of those calls about six months back. Told him that the IRS doesn't telephone and that I didn't have a tax problem. "The police are coming within 30 minutes to arrest you!".
Scared one of my granddaughters enough for her to call the family in tears thinking that she was in real trouble. Vultures!

PPScarry:
That is upsetting. SOB's!

Adrenolin:
I drove our older neighbor all over the place last year looking for her husband who'd received these calls and threats. Thankfully he hadn't sent any of the money orders  :o

topper:
I just got a call from the IRS today...sort of. The caller ID was a private number! I wanted to call them back, but I didn't have a pen close by to copy the number to call. I wanted to have a little fun. Seeing Cbmarine's post inspired me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version