Author Topic: Suggestions for carrying AR15 mags tactically.  (Read 3236 times)

8thFA

Suggestions for carrying AR15 mags tactically.
« on: March 11, 2017, 06:13:54 PM »
Just curious, what gear do you guys use for carrying your spare AR mages in a tactical/hunting situation?  Molle vest, or some other rig?  Back in the day, when I was in the army, we had mag pouches mounted to our LBE (load bearing equipment) but I'm looking for something a little more practical and versatile.

Thoughts?

US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

8thFA

Re: Suggestions for carrying AR15 mags tactically.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 01:01:08 AM »
In case anyone is interested, I ended up going with a UTG tactical vest.  Great price, (10 bucks off the list price, thanks to UTG), good reviews, and all the features I was looking for.

https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Airsoft-Tactical-Digital-Woodland/dp/B000JIME2A/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

topper

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 02:09:27 AM »
Thanks for the update. I've considered something like this too.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

8thFA

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 04:44:37 PM »
Thanks for the update. I've considered something like this too.
You are welcome!  The reviews on this were really good, a lot of LOE and military use it.  Also, when I checked out, Amazon took 10 bucks off, it was a UTG promotional discount.

Some reviews on youtube as well.

US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

MarcWinkman

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »
Why not get a good competition type belt and a few of these for your AR mags.  Seems to be fairly common for competition guys to do something like this:

http://www.blackpointtactical.com/shop/map/

P.S. I have a double MAP for my P229 mags and love them.  They're curved slightly and really fit my body contours well and keep everything tight in to my body so I don't have a giant bulge where my spare mags are. 

8thFA

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 12:50:55 AM »
Why not get a good competition type belt and a few of these for your AR mags.  Seems to be fairly common for competition guys to do something like this:

P.S. I have a double MAP for my P229 mags and love them.  They're curved slightly and really fit my body contours well and keep everything tight in to my body so I don't have a giant bulge where my spare mags are. 
I like the looks of this for my pistol mags.  I have an alien gear OWB/IWB mag holder for my 45 and it's fine with a flannel or sweatshirt on, but it's a bit on the bulky side.  I like the MAP, thanks for passing this on.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

MarcWinkman

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 05:17:02 PM »

I like the looks of this for my pistol mags.  I have an alien gear OWB/IWB mag holder for my 45 and it's fine with a flannel or sweatshirt on, but it's a bit on the bulky side.  I like the MAP, thanks for passing this on.

You're welcome!  Blackpoint makes awesome gear. I'll be ordering up another holster and MAP for my new HK.