Author Topic: CCDW Course Comments - Ryan Gass, PTP - Frankford, DE - May 6-7, 2017  (Read 3464 times)

beachtennisguy

Firearms training by Ryan Gass, Practical Training Professionals (PTP, ptpgun.com, also see Facebook), is highly recommended.

Ryan is an ex-Marine and a former Marine/Navy firearms instructor, as well as a husband, father, and entrepreneur.  He has a Maryland CCDW permit, and explains how he got it during the course.

He is experienced, knowledgeable, conscientious, confident, enthusiastic, and personable, with an impressive bearing and appearance. 

His rapid-fire delivery, humor, firearms anecdotes, discussion questions, and thoughtful answers to questions from the class, make his classroom presentations interesting and lively.

Speaking of anecdotes, his descriptions of the two situations in which he drew his firearm in self-defense will grab your attention.   

He willingly adjusts his training according to  various  customer backgrounds and objectives. 

Ryan’s outstanding range management skills complement his classroom abilities.  Firing one hundred rounds (DE CCDW course) under his supervision, and at his command, e.g.,
“Two rounds center mass!….Target!!” is an exciting experience.   

His emphasis on safety throughout the course makes a crucial, lasting impression.   

His dedication to providing a quality learning experience to his customers is reflected in all aspects of his course, as well as his business as a whole. 

Example: Ryan incorporated the two hours of instruction required to obtain the Utah CCDW permit -- including completion of the application during class -- into the DE/MD CCDW course.  Some instructors charge an additional $100 for this.   

The location and the facilities for the CCDW course in Frankford, Delaware (May, 2017) were outstanding, e.g., only about 5 miles from my home.  When I asked to switch from an earlier, less convenient course/location, Ryan made it happen. 

If every law-abiding citizen received firearms instruction from Ryan Gass, we would live in a safer, more civil society.

LostM

Interesting, the website is not easily navigable, nor do I see DE listed as an available CCDW course.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Ryan probably appreciates everything in this well-stated recommendation except the term 'ex-Marine'. No such thing: once a Marine, always a Marine.  The term 'former Marine' is often used but I like this declaration better:
 "A Marine is a Marine.  I set that policy two weeks ago - there's no such thing as a former Marine.   You're a Marine,  just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life.  But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico.  There's no such thing as a former Marine."
General James F. Amos, 35th Commandant of the Marine Corps
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 02:41:56 AM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

AudiQ

+1
Endeavor to persevere

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
Way to go CBmarine and Semper Fi to you.  We are also Life Members and for me the term ex just incorrect. All the best to everyone at deccw.   
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw,pa ccw and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE