General Gun Discussion > Rifles and Shotguns

I have some questions

(1/5) > >>

FreakShow:
Although iv'e shot my wife's Saint and a few shot guns, iv'e never never gone much past that with owning a long rifle of my own. Iv'e always been fascinated with them. I'm thinking about buying one. but i'd like to know the up's and downs. what kind of range distance wise do they shoot. i know there are a bunch of different kinds, but i'm fond of lever action. I want to stay under a thousand for this part of my habit. Saw a video by Hickok45 shooting a 45/70. pretty cool. but i like the idea of easier to find ammo like 357/38. saw this listing at you know where. opinion's.
http://www.federalfirearm.com/product.hra-big-boy-35738-165

lynch:
I like the Marlin 336 lever action in 30-30.

Just Bill:
Impossible to answer in this space.  Depends on what you are looking for.  Fun rifle, long range,  accuracy, hunting big game or not so big, etc.  A fun rifle in .357 or 45 colt might be a Henry.  Lever action, good looks, made in USA, under $1K.  A 45/70 is a BIG caliber gun but not long range.  Something long range with a punch, .338, 30-06, .300 mag, etc.  .308 is a good all around caliber, long range, ammo not so expensive.  Shorter range but good for deer, medium game, 30-30.  Just fun plinking, cheap to feed, Ruger 10/22 in .22 LR.  And the list goes on and on.

Bill

FreakShow:
we have a rugar 10/22. but it's like shooting an air gun, fun for plinking. My wife has her Saint. want something in between. Something good for hunting or for a dyer situation being able to take down a two legged predator Maybe the 30-30 is more what i'm looking for. will have to go out and put my hands on one, watch a bunch of videos before i head out to see Chris.

FreakShow:
My next question would be that even though i am right eye dominant, i'm a lefty. Are there any companies that make a left handed lever action rifle?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version