Author Topic: Cabellas "bullet Proof" gun case  (Read 3098 times)

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Cabellas "bullet Proof" gun case
« on: May 01, 2009, 08:54:20 PM »
I recently purchased the case for a trip that I am planning. It seems to be a very well made, strong and sturdy case. It comes with a steel bar to push thru steel eyelets? ( best thing I could think off) so that when you put the padlock on everything is locked tight. The foam is very tight fitting and it seems like it will hold everything in place. Cabellas says that it will hold 2 guns but I think if they are both full size models you will want to wrap them to keep from banging together. I will post an update after my trip to tell you how it held up.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 11:15:29 PM by Sigarms12 »
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Cabellas "bullet Proof" gun case
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:47:01 PM »
Well the case worked as advertised. Thru 3 flights and one changeover the case held up with no damage except for some small scratches but nothing that I didnt expect. The foam held my gun and box of ammo in place perfectly and popped back to orginal condition after it was emptied. Over all I would say this case is perfect for carrying atleast one handgun and probably two. Cabellas also make a smiliar case made for long guns and if it is made like this case I would also recommend it.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Cabellas "bullet Proof" gun case
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:18:36 PM »
Thanks for the review.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.