Author Topic: Lancaster County Will stop Issuing Non Resident Permits  (Read 15072 times)

Trapper

Re: Lancaster County Will stop Issuing Non Resident Permits
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2018, 03:02:22 AM »
Guess I'm done for on the PA permit deal. Friday is the 1st of June and I can't get to Lancaster to renew. My permit is good until October. I guess I'll just have to hope something changes and they start reissuing to De. permit holders again.
You do have the option of other counties.  Berks(Reading) is same day in and out.  Delaware County (Media) you have to make two trips.

Remember that if you have a carry license from any state you may carry in your vehicle.  You may also open carry on foot without a license Except in the city of Philadelphia. The only reason you really need a Pennsylvania license to carry a firearm is to carry concealed on your person on foot and also to carry in the city of Philadelphia

I might also add That a license covers you in a gun free school zone.

I’m going to Reading this Friday, the deputy I spoke with said he and the Sheriff welcome everyone who comes by. I’ll let you know on Friday how it actually goes.
Esophageal Atresia Awareness

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2018, 10:17:30 AM »
Great.  Thanks
DE PA VA AZ FL ccw. NRA Life Member.

For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2018, 11:45:00 AM »
I’m going to Reading this Friday, the deputy I spoke with said he and the Sheriff welcome everyone who comes by. I’ll let you know on Friday how it actually goes.

Went there 5 years ago w/o any problems.  Will be going back in a week or two to renew.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor, CRSO
Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In The Home,
Personal Protection Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety,
and Reloading

Also offer Delaware CCDW training.  PM me for details.

RLS

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2018, 04:31:46 AM »
I was the line at Reading Regional Airport Wednesday afternoon, doing a renewal in five minutes.

I filled out the application before I left home (you can sign and date it before you appear).

I was asked for my DL, my DE CCW and $20.00. The copies I made of my DL and CCL were not wanted.

Had my photo taken and signed the electronic pad.

The fellow behind the desk did some typing, scanning and laminating.

Rick

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2018, 10:37:16 PM »
I've decided to try for a Virginia non-resident CC Permit, in lieu of the defunct (for me)PA permit. It covers as many if not more states I would be likely to travel to and is part of Delmarva. VA is a "shall Issue" state. Might cost a few bucks more, but I have no ties to Pa., and travel to and through Va. more often than Pa. I have pulled up the application and requirements on the Va. State Police website.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:28:49 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my Gun

Trapper

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2018, 12:55:27 AM »
Well I drove up there (Reading airport) and arrived at 10:00. Their system was down and they couldn’t process any of our renewals. Apparently the system was down statewide.

I’m going to try to renew again Monday. I’m going to wait and drive up after I check if the system is back up.
Esophageal Atresia Awareness

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2018, 11:44:33 AM »
I've decided to try for a Virginia non-resident CC Permit, in lieu of the defunct (for me)PA permit. It covers as many if not more states I would be likely to travel to and is part of Delmarva. VA is a "shall Issue" state. Might cost a few bucks more, but I have no ties to Pa., and travel to and through Va. more often than Pa. I have pulled up the application and requirements on the Va. State Police website.
Virginia is good to have.  The one annoyance is that the renewal also  requires a fingerprint which as far as I know no other state does.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2018, 02:42:55 PM »
I still have some questions about VA. N/R CC Permit. Am going to contact them and get answers. Will continue to supply info I get.
May take some time though. VA. is recognized by 31 States including PA., so I see no need for a PA permit.

People also ask:
Which states recognize Virginia concealed carry permit?
alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin, West Virginia, ...

legallyarmed.com/resources/statelist.html

When I travel to the Mid-West, VA covers every state I would go through, except MD. and Ilionois , of course.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:47:00 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative

hap_hazzard

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2018, 05:04:36 PM »
FYI Pa does NOT recognize VA non resident permits and I’m fairly certain that they do not recognize non residents from any other state as well. Also if I am not mistaken they have stop recognizing VA resident as well. I will go and find the source for my statements and post as soon as I can find them again
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 05:17:20 PM by hap_hazzard »

hap_hazzard

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2018, 05:13:12 PM »
Where Pennsylvania grants reciprocity to another state’s concealed carry licenses (whether through written reciprocity agreement or mutual statutory reciprocity) only individuals who are both residents of the state and 21 years of age or older may carry a concealed firearm in Pennsylvania.

Source:
https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/reciprocity-overview/

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2018, 05:17:27 PM »
I still have some questions about VA. N/R CC Permit. Am going to contact them and get answers. Will continue to supply info I get.
May take some time though. VA. is recognized by 31 States including PA., so I see no need for a PA permit.

People also ask:
alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin, West Virginia, ...

When I travel to the Mid-West, VA covers every state I would go through, except MD. and Ilionois , of course.

South Carolina also does not recognize non-resident permits.  Your Delaware will cover you in Illinois but only in your vehicle. 

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2018, 11:16:59 PM »
Thanks. Been there, done that.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative

Steveo

« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2018, 10:51:59 PM »
I had to produce fingerprints for FLorida. We I took DE class I included the FL course and had to get ink prints at DETroop same time as it was cheaper.
Virginia is good to have.  The one annoyance is that the renewal also  requires a fingerprint which as far as I know no other state does.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2018, 11:32:00 PM »

People also ask:

South Carolina also does not recognize non-resident permits.  Your Delaware will cover you in Illinois but only in your vehicle. 

2 Places I never stop. Maryland and Ilionois.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2018, 10:04:05 PM »
Well I drove up there (Reading airport) and arrived at 10:00. Their system was down and they couldn’t process any of our renewals. Apparently the system was down statewide.

I’m going to try to renew again Monday. I’m going to wait and drive up after I check if the system is back up.

The system was back up at 1300.  I was in there at 1500.  Took grand total of 5 minutes.
Then onward to Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation to train adults to become shooting
sports directors for their local councils.  GREAT WEEK!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor, CRSO
Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In The Home,
Personal Protection Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety,
and Reloading

Also offer Delaware CCDW training.  PM me for details.