Author Topic: New member/CCDW holder  (Read 1777 times)

ShoreGuy

• It’s easy to grin when your ship comes in...
New member/CCDW holder
« on: May 30, 2018, 07:57:59 PM »
Like many, I’d been a long time lurker here in the past two years that I’ve lived in DE. Having moved from NJ, I changed over my license and reg. within days of moving so I could start the CCDW process, only to learn about the time requirements for references, etc. Not knowing lots of people, I had to go to work on finding good references and finally got all my paperwork submitted within days of the background expiring. I submitted my packet on 4/27 and my permit was issued in 5/16! VERY pleasant surprise. 

I’m on a medical retirement from my job as a federal agent (was a cop in MD prior to that) and would like to get the ball rolling on becoming an NRA certified instructor and safety officer. Now that I have my permit, I definitely plan on keeping abreast of the topics and info here.
NRA Life Member
NAGR
Ret. Fed Agent/Former P.O.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: New member/CCDW holder
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 09:34:11 PM »
Welcome aboard. Expect that your experiences will be interesting (as in HB 302 comment). And if you don’t mind, which agency?  Good mix of fine folks here, you should fit right in.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:33:15 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 09:35:08 PM »
Welcome Shore Guy!!!   You are at the right place. Great folks here. I assume by your screen name that you are Sussex County.  Even for Sussex, that is a great turnaround time.  

Please continue to post any updates.  
DE PA VA AZ FL ccw. NRA Life Member.

For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 11:39:23 AM »
... and would like to get the ball rolling on becoming an NRA certified instructor and safety officer. Now that I have my permit, I definitely plan on keeping abreast of the topics and info here.

Welcome!

Will have to keep you n mind when we hold instructor classes at Hensen Scout Reservation.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor, CRSO
Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In The Home,
Personal Protection Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety,
and Reloading

Also offer Delaware CCDW training.  PM me for details.

airman1968

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 11:42:16 AM »
Welcome Shoreguy...enjoy the site.
U.S. Air Force Vietnam Veteran
CCDW Delaware, CCW from Ut,Fl,Az,Ma.
NRA Life member
Life Member VFW
Life Member DAV

ShoreGuy

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 03:01:07 PM »
Welcome aboard. Expect that your experiences will be interesting (as in HB 302 comment). And if you don’t mind, which agency?  Good mix of fine folks here, you should fit right in.

My cop days were with Howard County, MD PD, then I was on a 3 letter agency security detail, and wound up spending the last 10 years as a Postal Inspector. I worked Dangerous Mail Investigations, and have some great stories about guns and the mail (Spoiler: All firearms were reunited with their rightful owners or military units).
NRA Life Member
NAGR

ShoreGuy

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 03:02:45 PM »
... and would like to get the ball rolling on becoming an NRA certified instructor and safety officer. Now that I have my permit, I definitely plan on keeping abreast of the topics and info here.

Welcome!

Will have to keep you n mind when we hold instructor classes at Hensen Scout Reservation.

That would be excellent! I'm in Milton. FYI, when I dropped off my application to the prothonotary, she said the turnaround time was 2-4 months.
NRA Life Member
NAGR

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 01:09:09 AM »
WELCOME and all the best to you.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw,pa ccw and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE