Author Topic: hello new memebr here  (Read 1947 times)

Dr_ST

hello new memebr here
« on: June 04, 2018, 02:56:35 AM »
Hello,

I am very glad to find a group which shares the same interests as me. I moved in Claymont a year and a half ago from North Carolina, and I decided to work on my CCW. Things were simpler in NC, although they did want you to get registrations for your handguns.
When I moved here I realized that I needed a new ccw and that I had to wait a whole year to make friends that were eligable to sign my references questionnaire. After this I made some calculations on how much money will I need. 65$ for fingerprints, 75$ for news journal, 65$ for application, 14$ for NC drivers history, 15$ for pictures ans finally, ~200$ for the training. I dont mind the paperwork and the waiting period but I do mind the money part. Moreover, DE reciprocity is not good for any of the neighboring states, and I live next to PA. In addition, you are not allowed to hold your ground in DE which again defeats the point of the CCW in some occasions.
I apologize for the rant, I hope and I wish that DE becomes a better place for law abiding gun owners in the future.

with great respect

ST

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: hello new memebr here
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 05:14:38 AM »
Welcome to the group!
We pretty much live with the need to obtain a PA non-resident LTCF, and we keep each other informed of the changing difficulty of getting it from various counties.
Until recently, most of us used Lancaster County, but they stopped issuing non-resident LTCF's on June 1st.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 12:53:09 PM »
Welcome.  Many interesting and good people on this site.  I agree with the problems with the hassle and am frustrated with crossing state boundaries.  However, when you take the required training for CCDW I believe you will have a little more appreciation for Delaware's position on concealed carry.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 03:22:03 PM »
Welcome.  Many interesting and good people on this site.  I agree with the problems with the hassle and am frustrated with crossing state boundaries.  However, when you take the required training for CCDW I believe you will have a little more appreciation for Delaware's position on concealed carry.
I hear you Sturm.  But at least in Illinois you can carry in your vehicle. Maryland being so close to Delaware is terrible
DE PA VA AZ FL ccw. NRA Life Member.

For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 10:44:50 PM »
I hear you Sturm.  But at least in Illinois you can carry in your vehicle. Maryland being so close to Delaware is terrible

I was raised in MD til I was 18 and went into the US Military. Live in DE. and seldom go to MD any more than I have to. Usually once or twice a year to a family funeral
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my Gun

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 03:11:25 PM »
My friend you definitely picked the wrong state to live in. DE has turned into a liberal cesspool and your rights mean nothing to them.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:48:02 PM by RetCapt1994 »
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw,pa ccw and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 04:20:27 PM »
I'm late to the welcome party!  (was away at Hawk Mountain scout camp)

You will find a lot of good people here.

If you have not enrolled in a class, we have them monthly.  We're not the least
expensive nor the most.  Class runs about 11 hrs done in a single LONG day.
Several hrs in the DE/FED laws as well as the Delaware process and PA.

If you are interested, PM me or call/TEXT me.  Number is in my profile.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor, CRSO
Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In The Home,
Personal Protection Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety,
and Reloading

Also offer Delaware CCDW training.  PM me for details.