Author Topic: Nylon Belt  (Read 1896 times)

hap_hazzard

Nylon Belt
« on: August 11, 2018, 02:32:24 PM »
Hello All,

I recently tried a new belt and thought I’d share opinions on the chance it might be useful to folks here.

I had been using $10 “leather” belts from tractor supply as a carry belt. Over time the effects of age slowly started to set in. I have a bit of a belly and well to be honest while driving the belt hurt as it dug into my gut. I am working in the but in the mean time I needed a short term solution.

Amazon has a Nylon belt that works pretty good and for the price is quite comfortable. It also supports my holster and firearm well.   What I found with a conventional belt is that I do not seem to match up with the predefined holes so this solution works for me.

It is a Packetop Tactical Belt; under $20 on amazon and available in several color choices. I did find a couple of negatives with it but all in all a decent solution. The first was that when a drew by firearm, the holster came with it—not good. I changed the clips out and good to go. Now have “C” clips on the alien gear IWB 3.0.   The second issue is that it requires me to suck in my gut a bit to buckle but once on it is fine.

I hope this post proves useful to a fellow carrier.

hap_hazzard

Re: Nylon Belt
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 02:50:31 PM »
Admins,

I just realized I created this in the wrong spot. Sorry. Should have been under equipment review thread.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 10:24:55 PM »
i disagree, you're giving up an option to using another type of belt. So i think it's in the right place. I also have tried a belt fro tractor supply, it was ok but i also bought a few tactical belts and like the connector better, A standard belt has it's place, but not so much for us belly guys trying to carry.
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 10:52:43 PM »
I am 5'9" and weight 180-185. I have a leather belt I got from Walmart for $14.99 about 10 years ago. I wear it every day. I also have another one from Walmart that I wear on weekends. you have probably seen them. they are the ones with the shotgun looking brass shell on them. I believe it is also under $15.00. My Kydex Holster has a belt clip for retention, that grabs under the belt. I have never found the need to buy expensive belts, especially since nobody sees them anyhow. Concealed means concealed.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my Gun