Author Topic: Reciprocity in VA and W. VA  (Read 1345 times)

21fred

Reciprocity in VA and W. VA
« on: January 03, 2019, 12:42:02 PM »
Greetings. I did a quick search for this topic as I am sure it is on here someplace but I didn't find it.  I am traveling to West Virginia, through Maryland and VA.  I understand that while traveling through Md. I will need to keep my gun and ammo locked up in separate containers.

I would like to know if Virginia and/or West Virginia honor Delaware Resident Concealed Carry permits.   Further, I will be staying and hiking in a state park in W.VA. I guess I will have to consult their website to see if carry is allowed.

I also have a non-resident PA permit if that helps.

Thanks and I apologize for the probable redundancy of this question. I think that there are a lot of people on this forum that are much more informed than me on this (and probably a ton of other) topic(s).

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 04:18:38 PM by 21fred »

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Reciprocity in VA and W. VA
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 12:57:00 PM »
From handgunlaw.us:

Firearm Carry in West Virginia State Parks (WVDNR)
Park guests may possess and carry cased rifles or shotguns within the boundaries of state parks.
"Cased rifle or shotgun" means a rifle or shotgun which is contained in a fully enclosing case which requires a zipper, lid or other cover to be opened for access.
Park guests may possess and carry cased handguns within the boundaries of state parks subject to general state law or restrictions on such carry.
"Cased handgun" means a handgun carried in a concealed manner or a handgun which is otherwise contained in a fully enclosing case or any type of secure holster.
Park guests shall not be required to obtain written permission prior to transporting a cased firearm within the boundaries of the area.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

21fred

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 04:22:29 PM »
Thank you!  Based on my interpretation, I am legally allowed to carry concealed.  Do you concur?  Interpretation is everything!   :)

As far as I can tell, I am able to conceal carry in VA and West VA with my Delaware Permit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 11:03:34 PM »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my Gun

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 08:53:51 AM »
I have carried in those states several time including state and national parks. Just dont carry into the park buildings.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 10:03:20 AM »
West Virginia no longer requires a license to carry concealed.  
DE PA VA AZ FL ccw. NRA Life Member.

For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.

21fred

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 05:20:57 PM »
Thank you all very much!

My GF had never seen the movie deliverance before.. when it came on last week we watched it.... I normally don't worry about carrying on trips but this got me thinking!   :o