Author Topic: Ommeladen Range  (Read 1038 times)

Steveo

Ommeladen Range
« on: June 04, 2019, 10:44:16 PM »
Anyone know what is going on at the pistol/rifle range. Road by yesterday and it looks like the are putting a roof on the open part. Maybe other improvements also?

Steveo

Re: Ommeladen Range
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 04:32:30 PM »
Nothing, nobody. I guess I will stop to find out. They are still working on it.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 05:04:11 PM »
Nothing, nobody. I guess I will stop to find out. They are still working on it.
Per news.delaware.gov. Thursday, May 9, 2019
A new inspection and observation building will be constructed at the entrance to the rifle-pistol range. This building will provide public shooters and range staff with a safe, efficient facility to inspect firearms and ammunition and to better route shooters in and out of the range. Construction is anticipated to take 30 days and the pistol-rifle range will reopen immediately upon project completion. The upgrade is part of improving the Ommelanden shooting range facility to better serve shooting sports customers.

Either they are doing more improvements or the 30 day estimate was optimistic. 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 05:06:45 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 10:51:35 PM »
I’ve never shot three but what do they mean by “inspect” firearms?
DE PA VA AZ FL ccw. NRA Life Member.

For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.

Trapper

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 01:42:57 AM »
Open house on Saturday, July 13th for reopening.

https://news.delaware.gov/2019/07/08/dnrec-division-of-fish-wildlife-to-host-open-house-july-13-at-ommelanden-hunter-education-training-center/

DNREC Division of Fish & Wildlife to host open house July 13 at Ommelanden Hunter Education Training Center
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control | Division of Fish and Wildlife | Date Posted: Monday, July 8, 2019

Listen
Listen with webReader

Renovated rifle/pistol range project and other sport shooting opportunities to be featured

Renovated shooting booths at DNREC’s Ommelanden Rifle/Pistol Range under the Division of Fish & Wildlife’s Hunter Education Program

NEW CASTLE – DNREC’s Division of Fish & Wildlife will hold an open house from 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday, July 13, to mark the official reopening of the recently-renovated rifle/pistol range at the Ommelanden Hunter Education Training Center, located at 1205 River Road, New Castle, DE 19720. The family-friendly event will be held rain or shine.

With the goal of engaging hunters, shooting sports enthusiasts, and community members, the event will promote firearms safety and showcase the training center’s various sport shooting facilities. The event will feature displays from Delaware’s Hunter Education Program, as well as provide access to helpful resources on becoming a hunter or improving hunting skills. Local sporting goods and outdoor recreation vendors and food trucks also will be onsite, providing an opportunity for a day outing.

For more information, please call DNREC’s Wildlife Section at 302-739-9912. For general information about Ommelanden Hunter Education Training Center, visit Ommelanden Range.

Media contact: Joanna Wilson, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.

Vol. 49, No. 183
Esophageal Atresia Awareness

Steveo

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 03:29:40 PM »
They make sure they are unloaded and clear before you enter range, check ammo to make sure no steel casings, check caliber size as there are some not allowed. I just have a bunch of magazines loaded at home before I go to save time once you get to your assigned lane.
I’ve never shot three but what do they mean by “inspect” firearms?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 03:32:36 PM by Steveo »

Steveo

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 03:34:18 PM »
Thanks for update.
Open house on Saturday, July 13th for reopening.

https://news.delaware.gov/2019/07/08/dnrec-division-of-fish-wildlife-to-host-open-house-july-13-at-ommelanden-hunter-education-training-center/

DNREC Division of Fish & Wildlife to host open house July 13 at Ommelanden Hunter Education Training Center
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control | Division of Fish and Wildlife | Date Posted: Monday, July 8, 2019

Listen
Listen with webReader

Renovated rifle/pistol range project and other sport shooting opportunities to be featured

Renovated shooting booths at DNREC’s Ommelanden Rifle/Pistol Range under the Division of Fish & Wildlife’s Hunter Education Program

NEW CASTLE – DNREC’s Division of Fish & Wildlife will hold an open house from 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday, July 13, to mark the official reopening of the recently-renovated rifle/pistol range at the Ommelanden Hunter Education Training Center, located at 1205 River Road, New Castle, DE 19720. The family-friendly event will be held rain or shine.

With the goal of engaging hunters, shooting sports enthusiasts, and community members, the event will promote firearms safety and showcase the training center’s various sport shooting facilities. The event will feature displays from Delaware’s Hunter Education Program, as well as provide access to helpful resources on becoming a hunter or improving hunting skills. Local sporting goods and outdoor recreation vendors and food trucks also will be onsite, providing an opportunity for a day outing.

For more information, please call DNREC’s Wildlife Section at 302-739-9912. For general information about Ommelanden Hunter Education Training Center, visit Ommelanden Range.

Media contact: Joanna Wilson, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.

Vol. 49, No. 183

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 10:37:32 PM »
I just checked their website and there was no mention about limits on caliber of rifle, just under 3200fps.  But that is not exactly a place to test a long range caliber.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 01:39:05 AM »
I just checked their website and there was no mention about limits on caliber of rifle, just under 3200fps.  But that is not exactly a place to test a long range caliber.
Not a very robust limit. All the loads below are Less than 3200 fps. 
The identity of the cartridge is left as an exercise for the reader.
Bullet mass/type   Velocity   Energy
647 gr (42 g) Speer   3,044 ft/s (928 m/s)   13,310 ft⋅lbf (18,050 J)
655 gr (42 g) ADI   3,029 ft/s (923 m/s)   13,350 ft⋅lbf (18,100 J)
700 gr (45 g) Barnes   2,978 ft/s (908 m/s)   13,971 ft⋅lbf (18,942 J)
750 gr (49 g) Hornady   2,820 ft/s (860 m/s)   13,241 ft⋅lbf (17,952 J)[2]
800 gr (52 g) Barnes   2,895 ft/s (882 m/s)   14,895 ft⋅lbf (20,195 J)
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.