Author Topic: Pennsylvania non resident license denied.  (Read 737 times)

MrWatermonkey

Pennsylvania non resident license denied.
« on: June 19, 2019, 10:17:50 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with this? I have had some bullshit arrests when I was younger. But Delaware gave it to me. Why not pa? The reason listed is “other”. Apparently I need to send in a challenge form. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Pennsylvania non resident license denied.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 10:30:52 PM »
If you presented a Delaware permit, I don't understand why they did not issue????  Where did you go.  Some PA locations have changed as to how they handle non-resident.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 02:49:26 AM »
Has anyone had any experience with this? I have had some bullshit arrests when I was younger. But Delaware gave it to me. Why not pa? The reason listed is “other”. Apparently I need to send in a challenge form. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PA gives sheriffs the right to deny based on character.  In some counties they will deny on arrests and not convictions. You did not state which county you applied.  Also ANY drug conviction no matter how minor excludes you for life from a PA license even though you can still buy a gun.
DE PA VA AZ FL ccw. NRA Life Member.

For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.

MrWatermonkey

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 02:31:52 PM »
It was Berks county. I went there because you can get it in one day and was the closest with that option. My wife is a paralegal and at this point is suggesting I get an attorney before I challenge it to make sure I am not prohibited in pa. Ive called a couple and I think it might be a good idea.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 10:09:47 AM »
It was Berks county. I went there because you can get it in one day and was the closest with that option. My wife is a paralegal and at this point is suggesting I get an attorney before I challenge it to make sure I am not prohibited in pa. Ive called a couple and I think it might be a good idea.
Hope it works out.  Much will depend on the disposition of any charges you might have had.   Try the Pennsylvania Forum at http://forum.pafoa.org/.  there is a wealth of information related specifically to issues like yours as well as names of good gun friendly attorneys
DE PA VA AZ FL ccw. NRA Life Member.

For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.