Author Topic: Walmart to stop Alaska handgun sales, end sales of ...  (Read 610 times)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Walmart to stop Alaska handgun sales, end sales of ...
« on: September 03, 2019, 06:25:20 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/walmart-to-stop-alaska-handgun-sales-end-sales-of-short-barrel-rifle-and-handgun-ammo-nationwide

Walmart to stop Alaska handgun sales, end sales of short-barrel rifle and handgun ammo nationwide

Walmart is set to end sales of handguns in Alaska and will discontinue the sale of short-barrel rifle and handgun ammunition in stores nationwide, the super chain's president and CEO announced Tuesday afternoon.

The store said it will gear its focus toward long barrel deer rifles and shotguns, supply much of the ammunition they require and provide hunting and sporting accessories and apparel, Doug McMillon wrote in a memo.

"We have a long heritage as a company of serving responsible hunters and sportsmen and women, and we're going to continue doing so," McMillon said.

Walmart also asked that customers no longer openly carry firearms into their stores or Sam’s Clubs in states where open carry is permitted unless authorized by law enforcement. The chain also called for enhanced background checks.

“We encourage our nation’s leaders to move forward and strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger,” the statement said.

The announcement comes just days after a mass shooting claimed seven lives in Odessa, Texas and follows two other back-to-back shootings last month, one of them at a Walmart store.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Walmart to stop Alaska handgun sales, end sales of ...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 08:34:52 PM »
Good riddance.  Never shop there anyway. Mostly chinese junk for sale anyway.  Look what Walmart has done to small towns across America.  Vicerated the downtowns of rural America while mindless boobs line up to buy their crap to save a few pennies.  

Hopefully gun owners that did shop there will wake up and stop shopping there and encourage their friends and family to do likewise.

Maybe Walmart is hoping to catch the eye of Democrats and continue to avoid paying their employees a living wage. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 08:42:50 PM by Clarence »
DE PA VA AZ FL ccw. NRA Life Member.

For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 11:30:07 PM »
It was announced today that Walmart is banning the open carry of guns in their stores. They will still honor concealed carry permit holders carrying in store.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/03/walmart-bans-open-carry-asks-white-house-to-pursue-gun-control/
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my Gun

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 02:13:22 AM »
It was announced today that Walmart is banning the open carry of guns in their stores. They will still honor concealed carry permit holders carrying in store.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/03/walmart-bans-open-carry-asks-white-house-to-pursue-gun-control/
????? If it’s concealed how will they honor the permit?  How about the 10s of millions who live in the 16 states that do not require a concealed carry license?

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 11:31:29 AM »

????? If it’s concealed how will they honor the permit?  How about the 10s of millions who live in the 16 states that do not require a concealed carry license?

Don't over think this. If you are able to conceal in their stores, do it. If you're asked to leave because they are your fire arm, then leave. All this drama over nothing.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 10:16:22 PM »
People with legal concealed carry permits are still permitted to carry in Walmart. Just no open carry. They are also discontinuing selling Ammo for most rifles and hand guns.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my Gun

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 11:18:09 PM »
Another win for the communist left!!!   Pick, pick, pick, just a little bit each time, so no one notices.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 02:42:31 AM »
This is another reason to patronize your local gun dealer and not these mega corporations. 

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 05:45:42 AM »
I expect that when all the hoopla dies down they will quietly geet back into the ammo business.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 10:01:27 AM »
I expect that when all the hoopla dies down they will quietly geet back into the ammo business.
I hope not.  That will lull mush headed gun owners into coming back and buying their ammo to the detriment of local gun shops.  

The “hoopla” will not die down though as they are determined that law abiding “deplorable” be disarmed.  

Stay out of Walmart ( and Dicks)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 09:59:46 AM by Clarence »